By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft does an amazing job with WiiU Splinter Cell Blacklist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsKN-bHSmoE#at=68

I'm so happy to see Ubisoft making an effort on the WiiU port of Splinter Cell Blacklist. As of this time i own PS3 and WiiU. I'd be completely retarded to get anything but the WiiU version.

+Impressive gamepad support

+Superior lighting, physics and textures

+No screen tearing

-Lack of offline splitscreen coop multiplayer. This is kinda a sad, especially as this mode would be much better on WiiU with one player using the TV and the other using the gamepad. Hopefully we'll get a DLC where this is included. Missed opportunity.

Around the Network

Yep. The WiiU version is looking awesome.

Hopefully, Ubi puts out a similar video for Watch_Dogs or at least Nintendo steps up and advertises it directly.

superchunk said:
Yep. The WiiU version is looking awesome.

Hopefully, Ubi puts out a similar video for Watch_Dogs or at least Nintendo steps up and advertises it directly.

You know. I was actually a little worried Ubisoft games would'nt take good advantage of the WiiU with their upcoming ports. After Splinter cell Blacklist, i'm no longer worried. There will be absolutely no reason to fork out 460$ on either Assassins Creed 4 or Watchdogs. I'm now confident the WiiU version of those games will look and play beautifully.

Yeah offline co-op may come as a patch. At least it still have an online mode tho! :D

Around the Network

I can't wait for it. Was a huge SC 1-3 Fan.

pezus said:
Now I hope WiiU owners will actually support quality.

to be honest.. i don't think that the game will sell very well on any system.. it's releasing like next week and there is little hype.. not as low as Lost Planet 3 but low enough to flop..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

pezus said:

I agree. If we dont support Ubisoft on this i'd say we dont deserve 3rd party support. Ubisoft have gone out of their way on this one, and Nintendo will not release any 1st party games the week Splinter Cell Blacklist releases. So there's no excuse this time;)

I want the GamePad support on my PS4/PSV combo or else I'm gonna have a hard time selecting the platform of choice for these games. I hope Wii U gamers react and buy games that actually utilise the GamePad though, as I want to get more and more of this kind of gameplay on both consoles.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

NiKKoM said:
pezus said:

to be honest.. i don't think that the game will sell very well on any system.. it's releasing like next week and there is little hype.. not as low as Lost Planet 3 but low enough to flop..

It will not flop.