Thoughts?

Awesome!! Day one. 82 23.03%

Meh. Don't care. 53 14.89%

Sony, WTF are you doing with Vita? 182 51.12%

See results. 39 10.96%

Total:356
Kresnik said:
Ajescent said:

I don't think Ratchet and Clank the movie is gonna be rated 18...

Okay.  Any particular reason you're telling me this? :P

I was saying it in addition to your arguement that Sony are making some effort to interest the younger audience, but I'm doing it in my usual short handed way because I'm too lazy to expand.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Nem said:
Talking dogs? lol

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Pavolink said:

Neither Sonydogs or Zeldaminecraft are developed by Sony.

But sony dogs is exclusive to vita... meaning it likely was paid for by sony.

Train wreck said:
superchunk said:
So did Sony just setup a few devs whose only job is to create clones of popular Nintendo titles?

Wii sports(Move in general), MK, Smash and now NintenDogs/Cats. Where's Brain Age and Wii Fit? Probably gonna see a Zelda clone pretty soon. Sad part about all of them is that none of them even come close to Nintendo's sales.

C'mon Sony, you do so much better when you focus on your own ideas. Is NaughtyDog the only one able to think outside the box? I don't see Nintendo copying GranTurismo.

http://www.giantbomb.com/spiral-house-ltd/3010-4486/

?  don't get the point. Sony is paying for the game. Its Sony's game regardless of who is actually writing the code.

Ajescent said:
the-pi-guy said:
PigPen said:
Why would Sony be willing to publish/fund this knowing it's a copy-cat Nintendo game.

Yes, because Nintendo invented the artificial pet simulator genre.  

They invented video games.

Nintendo did not make pet simulators, motion controls, mascot fighters, kart racers, minigame collections, or brain training games.  What they did was saw those genres, and thought of a way to make it successful in the mass video game market.  Once they did that, and made tons of money, Sony has released pale imitations.  Doesn't really bother me too much as a Nintendo fan, since none of those games have really taken off.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
Why would Sony be willing to publish/fund this knowing it's a copy-cat Nintendo game.

So the wii sports, MK and SmashBros copies didn't already prove that Sony is to Nintendo as Zynga is to everyone?

What the hell?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the-pi-guy said:
NiKKoM said:

It's called "PLAYSTATION (r) VITA pets"... you really think some indie can have that as title if Sony weren't heavily involved?

Fair enough, so yes it's probably their idea.  

How do you know they weren't shown the game and asked to publish it, and XDev came up with the name?  It is being published by them after all, they do have some say with the game.  

there are like what? two? games with "playstation" in their title? Playstation Move Heroes and Playstation All Star Battle Royal.. Sony doesn't hand that out easily.. I don't even think a small dev have the guts to ask to have "playstation" in the title..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Not my cup of tea (Im male and old)... but I understand why they are doing it, they need to make games for all ages.

As for *copying*... are they never allowed to make a pet game because Nintendo made one? Perhaps if that happened with FPS games we wouldn't have so many of them :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

JWeinCom said:
Gehirnkrampf said:
JWeinCom said:

...If you're a kid, are you going to buy the system with Playstation Vita Pets, Little Big Planet, PSASBR, and Ratchet and Clank, or are you going to buy the system with Nintendogs, Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Lego City Undercover, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Country, Style Savvy, etc?  ...

they also have sly, tearaway, jak and daxter, rayman (ok, also on 3ds), mickey and some good psn games which should appeal to younger gamers...

it has a pretty good lineup i'd say!

Rayman is available on the 3DS as well as everything else, and it's not really a system seller.  Epic Mickey didn't sell well on any system, and 3DS has an Epic Mickey too.  The sly cooper franchise, judging by its sales, are not relevant to kids or anyone else.  Jak and Daxter collection will appeal to fans of the franchise, but those fans are long grown by now.  I haven't seen enough of Tearway to really judge.  If you honestly think this can compete with the 3DS's lineup then.... well, you're wrong.

Rayman Legends is coming to 3DS? This argument is fantastic. Why did anyone ever buy more than one console? Not everyone has the same tastes in gaming. Kids with ps3s will be more interested in Sony franchises.

On this logic why did anyone ever buy any system? Because a previous one always had more games.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.