By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVita Pets announced

Thoughts?

Awesome!! Day one. 82 23.03%

Meh. Don't care. 53 14.89%

Sony, WTF are you doing with Vita? 182 51.12%

See results. 39 10.96%

Total:356

I think one of those voice actors was Tom Kenny (Spyro the Dragon; Spongebob Squarepants). Just thought I'd throw that one in there.

OT: Deary, deary me. But I'm not the target audience for this game. Just like Invizimals; Eyepet etc. aren't targeted at me. One thing's for sure; Sony's definitely going after a younger market with the Vita now than they were before. I just hope this doesn't come at the expense of my demographic; but sadly I think it will; because there weren't enough people like me buying it to make it a sustainable console.

Around the Network

The game being released isn't it itself shocking. It's the fact someone actually ok'd this, that's what blows my mind.

Wait I'm confused. Wasn't EyePet Sony's Nintendogs rip-off? Now they have two? This is just like Crash Team Racing and LittleBigPlanet Karting all over again. Shame on Sony for making games in a genre Nintendo already has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Well, that is an... interesting move more than anything.

superchunk said:
So did Sony just setup a few devs whose only job is to create clones of popular Nintendo titles?

Wii sports(Move in general), MK, Smash and now NintenDogs/Cats. Where's Brain Age and Wii Fit? Probably gonna see a Zelda clone pretty soon. Sad part about all of them is that none of them even come close to Nintendo's sales.

C'mon Sony, you do so much better when you focus on your own ideas. Is NaughtyDog the only one able to think outside the box? I don't see Nintendo copying GranTurismo.

Neither Sonydogs or Zeldaminecraft are developed by Sony.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

That's sad, come on Sony.

JWeinCom said:

That won't really work, because Sony has nothing else for kids.  If you're a kid, are you going to buy the system with Playstation Vita Pets, Little Big Planet, PSASBR, and Ratchet and Clank, or are you going to buy the system with Nintendogs, Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Lego City Undercover, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Country, Style Savvy, etc? 

I'm sure you could've done better than that with just a few minutes of research.  Sly Cooper; Tearaway; Invizimals etc. would be the games I'd use to highlight Sony trying to skew younger, not PSABR.

And that's another point - a year ago saying "Sony has nothing else for kids", I'd agree.  Today, I honestly can't agree anymore.  Most of what Sony has done this year has been focused on a younger audience.  Even porting things like Epic Mickey 2 across - makes no sense really, but in the context of "we're filling our console with more child-friendly games" it at least holds up better.

There's no doubt they're not going to beat Nintendo at this demographic.  But equally, they weren't 'winning' anything chasing after their own demographic of older "gamers" wanting a proper handheld.  

BasilZero said:
Signalstar said:
Wait I'm confused. Wasn't EyePet Sony's Nintendogs rip-off? Now they have two? This is just like Crash Team Racing and LittleBigPlanet Karting all over again. Shame on Sony for making games in a genre Nintendo already has.

Sony's not making the game.

Watch the video again.  Sony are publishing; XDev are assisting development.  This is a Sony-made title; unless you want to argue that the original LittleBigPlanet and things like Heavenly Sword aren't Sony games.

Not sure what Sony is expecting from this one. I feel like the ship has sailed already, and unless Sony is preparing a big marketing push for the game the far majority of the target audience will be unaware of its existence.
They should take inspiration from Pokémon instead if they want to sell the Vita to the youngsters.

Disgusting. Tamagotchi Corp. should sue.