By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVita Pets announced

Thoughts?

Awesome!! Day one. 82 23.03%

Meh. Don't care. 53 14.89%

Sony, WTF are you doing with Vita? 182 51.12%

See results. 39 10.96%

Total:356

Wonder if they are going to localize the voices.. Bit useless when a small child doesn't understand english when the dogs talk

*omg a post about the actual game itself!*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Damn it I already sold my Vita. This always happens to me I sell something just when something good gets announced.

You sold your Vita again? Didnt you re-buy it few weeks ago XD?

Lol, I needed the money and I wasn't willing to part with my PS3 or 360.

BasilZero said:

Damn you Sonyite and your Anime gifs! You keep blowing up my "To Watch List" in MAL T__T.

You're welcome.  *wink*

Xxain said:
Considering SONY's marketing routes for Vita. This Makes no sense. This would be great for youngsters but SONY cut them out. This would great for female's but they were cut out too. There is no community for this on Vita.

the only way to have that gaming community on a system is to create games for that community to play.. 

if the OP was about bayonetta 2 i could easily edit your post to say..

Considering NINTENDO's marketing routes for wiiU. This Makes no sense. This would be great for the core but NINTENODO cut them out. This would great for teenagers but they were cut out too. There is no community for this on wiiU.

..but again, if you never make a game then the gamer for that type of game will never come.  it might not "make sense" but at least they are trying to reach out to more than their existing user bases.

RIP in piece Vita. I'll still play thee.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
POE said:

This will come next:

Sony's already got that, it's called the Vita ... probably where Nintendo stole the idea for the Wiiu pad from. It really wasn't a well thought out dig was it?

Wii U and Vita were announced at the same E3, actually. Don't remember which conference came first.

Gehirnkrampf said:
JWeinCom said:

...If you're a kid, are you going to buy the system with Playstation Vita Pets, Little Big Planet, PSASBR, and Ratchet and Clank, or are you going to buy the system with Nintendogs, Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Lego City Undercover, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Country, Style Savvy, etc?  ...

they also have sly, tearaway, jak and daxter, rayman (ok, also on 3ds), mickey and some good psn games which should appeal to younger gamers...

it has a pretty good lineup i'd say!

Rayman is available on the 3DS as well as everything else, and it's not really a system seller.  Epic Mickey didn't sell well on any system, and 3DS has an Epic Mickey too.  The sly cooper franchise, judging by its sales, are not relevant to kids or anyone else.  Jak and Daxter collection will appeal to fans of the franchise, but those fans are long grown by now.  I haven't seen enough of Tearway to really judge.  If you honestly think this can compete with the 3DS's lineup then.... well, you're wrong.

How can it rest peacefully if you're still playing it..? (oops i didnt quote)

oh vita....

This new PS Vita game reminds me of Nintendogs that I played on my DS way back in 2005. It looks interesting, it looks like you can do much more things than just do what you could do in Nintendogs. It seems a bit strange. Ok I had the Vita since launch. It has some really great gamers like Gravity Rush, Persona 4, Little Big Planet Vita & more. This year I can't wait for Killzone Mercenary & interested in looking to see what Teraway will be like.

My opinion is that the Vita appeals to the core market & almost no casual gamer is buying it. A game like PS Vita Pets can help the very poor sales of the Vita to go well. Also don't forget the Wii U is actually selling worse than Vita.