By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Like Any of Nintendo's "Casual" Franchises?

Do you like any of them?

I like 1 23 13.86%

I like 2 24 14.46%

I like 3 17 10.24%

I like 4 8 4.82%

I like 5+ 20 12.05%

I love them all! 34 20.48%

I hate them all! 24 14.46%

See results 16 9.64%

Total:166

I only really like Animal Crossing, if that even counts. I wouldn't buy any of the others standalone.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
I think you're not a 'hardcore' gamer if you don't also allow yourself to play a wide variety of games, that includes these 'casual' games.

Nonsense! You don't have to play casual games to still be playing a wide variety of games!

Of course, why not? They're still just games at the end of the day.. There is no such thing as "casual" gameplay.. Just meaningless branding by the industry and their drones who continue to spout this garbage..

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Big Brain Academy, even Wii Fit if the mood strikes.. All a blast to play. In fact, I contend that they are far better than many of these so called "hardcore" titles with endless corridors of linear gameplay, complex controls, and more cutscenes/tutorials/dialouge than actual gameplay

Brain Training was my favorite. Nintendo Land is fun with friends but when there's no one over it's kinda pointless. Wii Sports/Play/Fit I haven't touched in years.

Wii sports resort is one of my most played games..still!!
I enjoyed Wii fit, Nintendoland and im loving the shit out of Game and Wario despite all the negativity about it.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
S.Peelman said:
I think you're not a 'hardcore' gamer if you don't also allow yourself to play a wide variety of games, that includes these 'casual' games.

Nonsense! You don't have to play casual games to still be playing a wide variety of games!

Nonsense how? A wide 'variety of games' is not the same as just 'many games'. If you're not playing a lot of different genres, you're not playing a wide variety of games. If you do play a wide variety of games, you're automatically also playing games that are considered casual. You take that as a bad thing? What do you think Mario Kart is?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
piete said:

Wii Music was terribly overlooked and underestimated, this article gives a good viewpoint for those who missed its idea: 

http://www.gameobserver.com/features/inside/all-platforms/the-brilliance-of-wii-music-part-1-220/

Even the "misses" of Nintendo are always esteemed by someone.

Wasn't there only 1 Wii Music game, its not really a franchise if there's only 1 game.  If there was more than 1 let me know and Ill add it to the list.

I thought it was part of the "Wii" franchise... ;)  Is Wii Party on the list because its sequel has already been announced? Unfortunately, there may not be a sequel for Wii Music, due to its reception, because even when it was loved by some people, it could still be vastly improved.

Carpe diem!

NOPE

I liked Nintebdogs, brain training and the wii sports franchise.

Unfortunately the previous 2 are past their sell by date. The wii sports franchise should be continue though. Hopefully Nintendo brings it back in 2014.

With the exception of the Brain Age type of games that's a big and resounding NO.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS