By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Like Any of Nintendo's "Casual" Franchises?

Do you like any of them?

I like 1 23 13.86%

I like 2 24 14.46%

I like 3 17 10.24%

I like 4 8 4.82%

I like 5+ 20 12.05%

I love them all! 34 20.48%

I hate them all! 24 14.46%

See results 16 9.64%

Total:166

I like 4.

Around the Network

I enjoyed the Wii Sports series quite a bit. Nintendogs seems good, but too much of a take off of PSVitapets.

I did like Brain Age on DS.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I think we can conclude that Nintendo is good at making casual games.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

piete said:

Wii Music was terribly overlooked and underestimated, this article gives a good viewpoint for those who missed its idea: 

http://www.gameobserver.com/features/inside/all-platforms/the-brilliance-of-wii-music-part-1-220/

Even the "misses" of Nintendo are always esteemed by someone.

Well yes, Nintendo hasn't exactly been known over their history for making outright BAD games. They've made some that are not as good as others, but in general they're known for quality. The only games off the top of my head that I would even qualify, for their time, as BAD, would be the two games made for use with R.O.B. on the NES. And that is only because R.O.B. itself sadly just did not work very well. If Stack Up and Gyromite had been made exclusively for use with the NES controller, they wouldn't have been all that bad for little arcade type games.

As for Wii Music itself, I was initially very excited by the idea, because I thought back to how cool the music-maker was on Mario Paint, and assumed Wii Music would OBVIOUSLY include something like that, only more in depth. But it really didn't. It just didn't have enough to hold my interest, otherwise I would have liked it.

Around the Network

i'm all about wii fit and brain age! i still enjoy those games and plan to never quite. they're awesome. no sequel required.

I like them all but haven't tried Art academy yet but I don't need to since I have PS :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Wii sports was alot of fun.

Nope, not really. Not that I necessarily hate any of them, I just don't care for them.

I haven't really played much of them, really; it's possible I might enjoy some of them if I played them (Wii Sports, perhaps), but none of them grab me and make me really want to try them out.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Tbh I like Wii Sports and Nintendogs, don't judge me unless you play it first...

I've played Nintendogs and it's garbage, but I won't judge your opinion.  You liking Nintendogs doesn't hurt me. 

Anyways, I do want to say I really don't get how people like Nintendogs.  It's a game that you can play a max of 10 minutes at a time until you have to wait a period of time that I don't remember.  You can virtually pet your virtual dog, throwing around a ball, frisbee, playing with a remote control Mario Kart, but that gets boring extremely  quickly.  So you take your dog out for a walk and make sure you pick up your dogs crap when it takes a dump.  Your dog is apparently so weak that it can't walk more than half a block before you have to go back, and as you walk it more it can walk further.  When you can walk far enough to go to the park, you can play frisbee so it will get better that and better at listening to you,  and then you can enter it in a tournament like thing.

So yeah.  Play with your dog, have it catch frisbee, train it and do tournaments, pick up its crap.  Repeat, constantly.  Five to 10 minutes of it is walking the dog, training, and tournaments before you can't do anything but play with it at home until I think an hour goes by.  I had it two days beforeI got rid of it.  I bought it only because I heard everyone say how amazing it was.  Must have been paid off by Nintendo.

Wi Sports was decent because of bowling only, but it felt more like you control barely anything but the spin you put on the ball.  So yeah.  Barely any motion control there.  Sports Champions and Sports Champions 2 though are 1000x better.  If you like Wii Sports and don't own a Move, go out and buy a Move, and get the first Sports Champions.  For Frisbee Golf alone, the first Sports Champions is pretty awesome.