By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Like Any of Nintendo's "Casual" Franchises?

Do you like any of them?

I like 1 23 13.86%

I like 2 24 14.46%

I like 3 17 10.24%

I like 4 8 4.82%

I like 5+ 20 12.05%

I love them all! 34 20.48%

I hate them all! 24 14.46%

See results 16 9.64%

Total:166
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Zappykins said:
Would the two Endless Ocean games count? Granted they aren't movement games, but can be very casual listening to music swimming around.

And Wii Sport's Resort is an awesome game.

Added Endless Ocean, never played them, but Ill take your word for it.

Cool, I think Endless Ocean: Blue World the squeal is a great game much improved over the original.  Plus you can use the classic controller, which I think makes the game much more playable.

You can not use the classic controller for the original Endless Ocean, which is one reason I would skip it.  I do strongly recommend Endless Ocean 2: Blue World for anyone interested in a casual SCUBA sim + pet dolphins.  Plus you don't get your feet cold and wet. 

I am expecting Nintendo to release an updated version aka Endless Ocean 3 for the WiiU

Here is a good review:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk2stzNGyj8

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

I love Endless Ocean, and Wii sports resort is a whole lot of fun! Wii Fit is also an excellent party game. I've honestly never played the rest though, with exception of Brain age, but that was a so so title. Wasn't bad, but sure had a few things to work with.

Wii Sports mainly for the bowling.

I have spent hours on Art Acedemy since the app was available on the wii u eshop.

I  enjoyed Wii Fit for a short while

Wii Sports Resort was my favorite game on the Wii. Also loved the original Wii Sports (I still distinctly remember the feeling of playing Tennis for the first time. Such a glorious moment.) I like a lot of them actually:
- Wii Play Motion is a great party game
- Wii Fit helped me lose weight some year ago (and it actually helped and motivated me)
- Art Academy is fun though only my girlfriend actually owns the 3DS version
- Nintendogs was really cool when it released in 2005
- Brain Age made you feel clever

And I'm sure I would've loved Endless Ocean but I never bought it. You have to see these games for what they are: Wii Fit was not a normal game and shouldn't be compared to traditional games. Same goes for Brain Age. Wii Play was just a compilation of minigames but it was essentially free! Getting Wii Sports + Twilight Princess + Wii Play at launch really made me feel like having lots of stuff to play. God, the early Wii days were amazing.

Well, I still like Wii Sports, and think it's a really solid game. Still to this day fun to go back and pick up and play, especially if you have company over.

Wii Play, and Wii Play Motion, aren't GREAT games, they're really just tech demos in a way, but each one has two or three really fun little games in them. So sure, I enjoy them, to that point.

Wii Party is alright, but I'd rather just play Mario Party, and quite frankly Mario Party 9 was an excellent game (after many "meh" entries", this one went back to Mario basics).

I have a feeling I would like Art Academy if I'd ever played it. Perhaps when the full game comes out for Wii U.

All in all, I could give a fuck less whether a game is labeled "casual" or "core", I think those labels are honestly pretty stupid. And people who obsess over them more so. If you enjoy a game, then that's pretty much end of story.

Around the Network

Except for Wii Sports I haven't tried the other games in the OP, but I like NSMB, their other 2D platformers, Mario Kart and Mario Strikers.

I think you're not a 'hardcore' gamer if you don't also allow yourself to play a wide variety of games, that includes these 'casual' games.

That said, I like most of 'em. The obvious Mario and Mario Kart, but I thought Wii Sports, Fit (didn't play it a lot though) and Art Academy at least were cool. The Art Academy app on WiiU is awesome by the way!

Wii Music was terribly overlooked and underestimated, this article gives a good viewpoint for those who missed its idea: 

http://www.gameobserver.com/features/inside/all-platforms/the-brilliance-of-wii-music-part-1-220/

Even the "misses" of Nintendo are always esteemed by someone.

Carpe diem!

The only ones I've played are Wii Sports (and Resort) and Wii Play.

Wii Play was good for the free remote, but there wasn't much else to it after a quick play of each game.

The two Wii Sports games were great though, especially in multiplayer.

VGChartz

piete said:

Wii Music was terribly overlooked and underestimated, this article gives a good viewpoint for those who missed its idea: 

http://www.gameobserver.com/features/inside/all-platforms/the-brilliance-of-wii-music-part-1-220/

Even the "misses" of Nintendo are always esteemed by someone.

Wasn't there only 1 Wii Music game, its not really a franchise if there's only 1 game.  If there was more than 1 let me know and Ill add it to the list.