By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda Wind Waker Wii U finally get people to give this game the attention and sales it deserves?

I'd say 1-2m. It's still not the Zelda people want and the appeal of an HD cartoon cel-shaded Zelda is minor. An HD Twilight Princess or Ocarina though.... Really this should be a best of in HD not one stand-alone game. Why does PS fans get God of War Trilogy (or Sly Cooper or...) in HD and Nintendo fans get one game?

I don't see it selling systems to anyone other than the most die-hard Zelda fans so the limited install base will also hamper sales.

Really, the only reason they choose to do WW (IMO) is because it was the quickest, dirtiest upgrade to 'HD' possible to fill the game drought.

Around the Network

I love Zelda. I have never played WW. I am buying this day 1. I think it looks excellent. Take that for what you will.

TheLastStarFighter said:
I love Zelda. I have never played WW. I am buying this day 1. I think it looks excellent. Take that for what you will.

good game for people who never played!

one of my all time fav. games
unparalleled. sense of freedom and adventure

tbone51 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

good game for people who never played!

actually really looking forward to it. For me, it's a new game. And the return to classic motion-free controls tastes like freedom

Around the Network

It's my favorite game.

Period.

I'll be purchasing a WiiU when it comes out.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I think it will sell around 1.35m. Definitely not above 2m because it STILL isn't the Zelda game people want, myself included.

curl-6 said:
It already has far more sales and attention than it deserves.

Thank you for this comment. Stole the words from my keyboard. This was a crappy Zelda game, and I feel offended that Nintendo feels the need to shove WW with its crappy doll like artstyle along with it for a second time. This game did Gamecube no favors, and it will be even worst this time. Can't wait for this game to release along with pitiful sales numbers.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

It's a freaking remake what the hell are you guys smoking the best selling remake I'm aware of is resident evil 4 on the wii at 2.15mill and that was back when the wii was selling like hot cake

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

RolStoppable said:
chapset said:
It's a freaking remake what the hell are you guys smoking the best selling remake I'm aware of is resident evil 4 on the wii at 2.15mill and that was back when the wii was selling like hot cake

NSMB Wii sold close to 30m.

thats not a remake, but pokemon firered/leafgreen + heartgold/soulsilver are both of which has 10mil+! Does SM64 DS count? cuz thats another 10mil seller