By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda Wind Waker Wii U finally get people to give this game the attention and sales it deserves?

This game already gets all the attention I can give it.

It's one of my all time favourite Gamecube games. My favourite Zelda game next to ALttP. I've been playing and replaying the game in HD on Dolphin (because the Gamecube looks like utter crap on a Full HD TV), and am now eagerly anticipating the release of the Wii U version. If no other game makes me buy the console before this game finally comes out, this is the game that will finally make me buy it.

Around the Network

1.5m lifetime.

The wii U is gonna have a very similar audience to the gamecube, so I don't think too many people will actually be introduced to windwaker, just fans replaying it.

people forget that the Wii U's install base is currently 3m which is extremely weak. 

Soleron said:

1 million LT

It won't make anyone buy a Wii U; they should have waited until the installed base actually was bigger.

One of the reasons they made it was to give Zelda Fans something while waiting for Zelda U so no.

I think it'll do similarly to OoT 3D's sales. Already over 3 million, likely at least 4 mil by the time 3DS is sent off into the sunset.

Zelda games have long legs. They're always doing decently well as back-catalog sales well after release. Twilight Princess sold extremely well over Wii's lifespan.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

"sales it deserves"?

Oh please. The majority of ppl who hail WW as the greatest zelda sliced bread ever only probably started playing the zelda series with that game.

The game did good enough for what it was.

Around the Network

Measly 4.6 million? I thought we were talking about Nintendo, not Square-Enix.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

4.60 million is godly for an adventure game on a system that only sold 21 million.

I have to agree with many here that think 4.6 million was a huge accomplishment, especially considering Gamecube hardware sales and the weirdly negative reaction from fans vis-a-vis the art direction. Wind Waker is a great game. It sold well. It's remembered for being a masterpiece -- which is what it is. So I don't think it has anything to prove.

As far as sales for Wind Waker HD go....I think somewhere between 2 and 2.5 million. Zelda fans, myself included, will eat this up, even if we've already played and replayed the original.

Lifetime sales will beat the Gamecube. I am putting lifetime sales at 5.5million

I remember when I was younger at that time of release......me and all my friends played it but grumbled under our breath that it didn't look mature enough. Then Nintendo listened and gave us Twilight Princess. My favorite Zelda of all time next to Ocarina. WW sales are well deserved, but I don't think it deserved more.

Zelda OoT for 3DS is selling over 3 million, so given the Wiiu, id give this game 2 million.

FYI, my only console for that entire gen was just a Gamecube, so I think I have a right to say what I said.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.