By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It Looks like Yakuza 1&2 HD Bombed on Wii U

Precisely.

Around the Network

This is Segas 3rd time releasing these games, I am not surprised in the least bit that the sales are terrible.

Lyrikalstylez said:
zorg1000 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
When Nintendo is even selling bad in its home country u know there's trouble, ouch

How is that relevent? How many ports of ports sell well regardless of what console thay are on?

In the end it says Something about pikmin 3 not even in the top 10 also andI don't think that was a port, but you know Nintendo games its hard to tell sometimes....

It was for 5 weeks and number one for one week.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

WiiU is Duuumed!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Why is this thread even necessary

Around the Network

I don't care i just want them to bring the game over hear so i can play it on PS3. Are English subtitles and translation so hard Sega?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the title should be. Yakuza bombed hard as everyone expected

i dont know who took the decision but it should be fired

of releasing Yakuza i mean

I love how when a port of a port does bad on Wii U it becomes headline news. I would assume that most people in Japan already own this title on PS3 or have the originals on PS2. There really is no incentive to owning this on Wii U, especially at MSRP. But at least Nintendo gamers have another game on their console.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Nem said:

I mean the customers. Japanese have a big sense of brand loyalty. The same thing happened when they tried to bring the Tales series to Nintendo systems.

The bad business decision would be to not release it in the west as westerners dont have such a strong sense of brand loyalty.

I'm actually a bit surprised that Monster Hunter managed to make the transfer. But that was like grabbing the japanese by the balls. lol

Huh ? Isn´t Symphonia the bestselling console Tales game (according to our numbers ?) And Graces really doesn´t count because the initial release had gamebreaking bugs out the wazoo so that bad word of mouth killed the potential....and the DS games did quite well (compared to the far superior Vita remakes ) ?

I don´t see how you can draw this conclusion !

as for Yakuza HD: Very unfortunate, but expected...the game didn´t do so hot on the PS3 ....aaaand the old late port on the WiiU was destined to sell even less...oh well