By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It Looks like Yakuza 1&2 HD Bombed on Wii U

zorg1000 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
zorg1000 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
When Nintendo is even selling bad in its home country u know there's trouble, ouch

How is that relevent? How many ports of ports sell well regardless of what console thay are on?

In the end it says Something about pikmin 3 not even in the top 10 also andI don't think that was a port, but you know Nintendo games its hard to tell sometimes....

It is a port, it released on PS3 last November. And Pikmin was in the top 10 for 4 weeks.

Oh, I was kinda feeling bummed that it wasn't in the top 10, glade to hear it was

Around the Network

Yakuza is a Playstation game....Now Sega know this.

Lyrikalstylez said:
zorg1000 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
zorg1000 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
When Nintendo is even selling bad in its home country u know there's trouble, ouch

How is that relevent? How many ports of ports sell well regardless of what console thay are on?

In the end it says Something about pikmin 3 not even in the top 10 also andI don't think that was a port, but you know Nintendo games its hard to tell sometimes....

It is a port, it released on PS3 last November. And Pikmin was in the top 10 for 4 weeks.

Oh, I was kinda feeling bummed that it wasn't in the top 10, glade to hear it was

Ya I believe it debuted at number 1, I could be wrong tho

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

my wifes playing Disney magic castle beside me right now as i type this, that shit sold like hotcakes here over the past 2 weeks, most stores stocking it were sold out for the first few days.
lots of interaction, signing in to 7spot wifi points to grab exclusive ingame items and so on, not my cup of tea but clearly a very well made game.

back to topic, not surpised, its a old port to a console on the brink of demise, anyone expecting good sales in these conditions is broken.

Instead of wasting time and money porting it to Wii U they shouldve localized it, it wouldve sold more to a fanbase that actually wants it.

Around the Network

Well Sega said it was an experiment didn't they? Although I think they should have put the effort in localizing Yakuza 5 on the PS3 instead.

I don't think they should have expected large sales.

think-man said:

This is something the japanese do alot.

Nem said:
think-man said:

What make bad business choices? :P

(I'm kidding of course, please don't hurt me)

Zekkyou said:
Nem said:
think-man said:

What make bad business choices? :P

(I'm kidding of course, please don't hurt me)

I mean the customers. Japanese have a big sense of brand loyalty. The same thing happened when they tried to bring the Tales series to Nintendo systems.

The bad business decision would be to not release it in the west as westerners dont have such a strong sense of brand loyalty.

I'm actually a bit surprised that Monster Hunter managed to make the transfer. But that was like grabbing the japanese by the balls. lol