By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - M-Create: 820k SSBB Sold

PooperScooper said:
The source your preliminary data is waayyy off on consoles. Can you explain that to me?

Prelim data comes off of extrapolations made from data from one store

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Software data is based on the data that shows up in the prelim set of data, extrapolated.

Hardware data is based on the extrapolated software volume, but not directly on hardware figures.  The hardware data in those reports is therefore never as accurate as the preliminary software.  

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

good for smash

SMG 28? WTF!!!!
SSBB it number is slow than I expected, but is a good number

Good numbers for Brawl and DMC 4. Good to see. Hope they double those numbers in the US.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

The preliminaries do more harm than good. It's a quick fix for people who can't live without new sales data for more than 2 days (how ever irrelevant they may be), but for most visitors of the site they just call into question the credibility of vgchartz.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Wow Wii Fit continue to seems unstoppable. 73k after 2 months in the markets are great legs.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

reverie said:
The preliminaries do more harm than good. It's a quick fix for people who can't live without new sales data for more than 2 days (how ever irrelevant they may be), but for most visitors of the site they just call into question the credibility of vgchartz.

Speak for yourself.

I like the prelims very much. It is clearly stated thet they are in fact early assumptions, so whoever complains about those numbers being off (though not by much) should learn to read.

pichu_pichu said:
Still a pretty good week for Brawl overall

Thank you for your joke, you made my day

"Pretty good" as in 3 times better than SSBM ?  

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

wow, 3 ps3 games in top 10. very nice

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.