By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - M-Create: 820k SSBB Sold

the # would be a lot higher if Brawl was released earlier in the week

Around the Network

I predicted 789K, and then felt like an idiot when everybody else went for 500k. and now see who's laughing. :P

Love to see Wii and PS3's hardware number.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Still a pretty good week for Brawl overall

Hardware will probably be the same as Famitsu, or really close, Wii is sold out and DMC just isn't a hardware mover

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

i predicted SSBB on the money but DMC is way off..

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

The range I gave for the preliminary data for Smash was 845k to 1033k.  Looks like the prelim data was a bit high, but since I pegged it at 939k, the prelim mid point was only 10-12% off - which is the whole point of it - since it is usually pretty close (although its always hard to tell if it is high or low).  DMC4 was nailed - prelim said 210k, it sold 205k

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

10 Wii/DS titles in the top#20. Prelim data (http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=823) only had 5 - including 1 Wii title.

Big loser was the PS2, with only 3 titles rather than 6.

Any bets on how many of the new titles leave the top#20 next week? 7 new titles in the top#10 - I think 5 of them will leave the top#20.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The source your preliminary data is waayyy off on consoles. Can you explain that to me?

nice. I wonder how much it will sell next week. I wonder how much it will sell by the time it comes out here in NA.

shams said:
10 Wii/DS titles in the top#20. Prelim data (http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=823) only had 5 - including 1 Wii title.

Big loser was the PS2, with only 3 titles rather than 6.

Any bets on how many of the new titles leave the top#20 next week? 7 new titles in the top#10 - I think 5 of them will leave the top#20.

All the new ones from #3 down. DMC4 for the PS3 will be around #6 next week. Brawl might hold #1 but sales will be half that. DMC4 360 wont be in the top 20. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453