By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Unboxing Vid w/ Major Nelson - Headset Now Included

I'm a bit pissed off at M$ because of Halo 2 at the moment, but seriously, why would anyone believe anything that they say now? They have changed most of the things about this console. It is one thing listening to fans, but what is the point of designing the console in the first place, why not just make a poll on a website to decide the design in the first place

Anyway, I am now going to go and actually watch the video, but having a headset is a good idea as I have said before

Around the Network

It seems the reason to have a "quick" unboxing is to make sure he skims on details and the camera zooms don't reveal too much detail that they don't want out there yet. I do agree that it seemed funny that he didn't mention the ram, but with so few details it wasn't really any indication of anything.

I do like that on/off switch!

But change the packaging, the first thing that you should see is the console, not the other way around! Oh and nice big power brick

I was slightly confused by "the kinect is an IR blaster" part. I know that the Xbox One controls your satellite box by IR, but does this mean that the Kinect fires the commands out to your box? I was actually discussing this with a friend, does this mean that your Kinect beams out the signal and relies on it reflecting off the back wall onto your satellite box?

Why does this console still have a power brick...Come on Microsoft.

Also am I the only one that finds this dude annoying.

My god the size of the Xbox, I knew it was big but when you see it in he's hand it's massive and it has a power brick I mean how did Sony make the ps4 so small with no power brick.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

normally i don't read comments on youtube and sites like that but it's almost unbelievable how many sony fanboys (well, i see no nintendo fanboys there) flood this video with comments.

"because i don't care about this product i watch 500 videos about it" seems to be a great motto.

i think major nelson should get more time on e3 stages and stuff like that. he is a little bit too "excited" but in my opinion he is better as all the other guys always on xbox stages

Well, he's a communications professional, so talking to people generally comes easy for him.  That said, I agree. 

The Xbox community tends to identify with him and his quirks, so as a public face of Xbox he actually serves the division and community well.  However, I do think Marc/Mark Whitten also carries himself well in with the public.

Munkeh111 said:
I'm a bit pissed off at M$ because of Halo 2 at the moment, but seriously, why would anyone believe anything that they say now? They have changed most of the things about this console. It is one thing listening to fans, but what is the point of designing the console in the first place, why not just make a poll on a website to decide the design in the first place

Anyway, I am now going to go and actually watch the video, but having a headset is a good idea as I have said before

Actually, any good company, before they ever bring a product to market does focus testing.

If you've never worked in the corporate world, you don't know or understand the power of the bean counters, the accountants and CFO.  I've worked in a company where the amount of floor space your cubicle occupied, and the cost to heat/cool that space was measured for every employee and figured into the cost of that employee.  Sometimes you have people who look too closely at the numbers. 

I think the other problem is that the Xbox One as a product, including all of its services and features, are coming together in the here and now.  I think the rumors that Microsoft was caught off-guard by Sony releasing this year were likely true.  I think Microsoft anticipate it had another year to bring everything into focus, but when Sony announced the PS4 would release this year it caught them unprepared.  That doesn't mean that they didn't have everything in the works, just that instead of 15-16 months before they had to have all their plans ironed out, they only had 3 - 4.

The reveal, for example, seemed like something better suited for CES rather than any other event.  If you compare the Xbox 360 reveal to the Xbox One reveal, they're completely different.  The style, the energy, and the information.  

It's a beautiful looking system and a lot of potential in that box. I don't like the "day one" logo on the controller but I'm not getting one any time soon so it doesn't effect me. I'm curious about the Kinect 2.0 and I wouldn't mind trying it in person to see what it can do. Slowly, my hatred for the Xbox One is fading away.

Major Nelson would be great for the home shopping network.

pokoko said:
crissindahouse said:

i think major nelson should get more time on e3 stages and stuff like that. he is a little bit too "excited" but in my opinion he is better as all the other guys always on xbox stages

Yeah, this wasn't a very good unboxing video in terms of the presentation.  "Here is the Xbox One, take a look at it," and the camera cuts away immediately.  It was like they were rushing through it.

Nice box, though.

I think the video was edited for time.  They wanted the video to fit into a certain time frame.