By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda: Wii U is "not on our radar". "It's largely a hardware thing."

Tagged games:

RazorDragon said:
Zero999 said:

in this post, I learned some people live in alternate realities.

your comparison is beyond delusional and pure flamebait since ps4/xone gpu's are quite behind the mentioned 7990, as far as gflops goes. while wii u's gpu is unkown but from the information we have a good guess puts it equal to or above the mentioned 5770.

what is clear by now is that diminishing returns already aplies in games performance. in pc, a game can run in low/mediun/high/ultra high. all of those are the same game without major differences, yet to run ultra high you need a gpu that's way more powerful than one that can reach medium. that means a lot more processing just for minor details that generally go unoticed.

the fact that wii u's and ps4/xone's gpu share the same features means that wii u can do everything that ps4 and xone can but on a lower proportion. we know that Xone's gpu has 1200 gflops and ps4's gpu has 1800 gflops and while wii u's gpu specifications are yet unkown, we have alredy seen early wii u games outperforming late ps360's titles without breaking a sweat. by comparing to ps360, wich are in the range of 240 gflops, we can estimate a value of 500-600 gflops for wii u.

That difference is not big considering the level of processing required to reach a noticeable difference in graphics, wich means that just like pc settings, a game tha runs at 1080p on ps4/xone will surely run on wii u at 720p and a few effects like anti aliasing reduced here and there.

I'M GOING TO MAKE MY POINT VERY CLEAR IN THIS PARAGRAPH TO AVOID FUTURE HATERS TRYING TO DISTORT MY WORDS. I DO NOT THINK WII U CAN RUN GAMES IN THE SAME LEVEL OF PS4/XONE GAMES. HOWEVER, THE SYSTEMS ARE ALL CAPABLE OF THE SAME FEATURES AND DO NOT HAVE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN RAW POWER. THUS, WII U CAN RUN ANY GAME FROM PS4/XONE, ALBEIT WITH A SMALL/MODERATE GRAPHICAL DOWNGRADE. AND GIVEN THE LEVEL OF GRAPHICS REACHING PERFECTION NOWADAYS, THIS DOWNGRADE WILL BE NEGLIGIBLE TO THE EYE.

Sorry, but Wii U's GPU is nowhere near comparable to a HD 5770, which has similar power as a HD 4870 and is, in fact, more powerful than XOne's GPU as far as GFLOP ratings go. Even in the best case scenario, Wii U would be just as powerful as a HD 4650/HD 5550, surely enough to surpass PS3/360, but no way in the same level as a HD 5770.

You're just wasting perfectly good bytes on him...he has no comprehension about hardware, and that GFLOPS are not the way to compare GPUs, so he would not understand that 7770 is some 30% faster than 5770 although they are rated about the same when it comes to GFLOPS...just as he does not want to  accept that you can't get his self-proclaimed 500-600 GFLOPS out of such a small silicon based on VLIW5 architecture, 550 MHz clock and 40/45nm fab.

His "estimate" that WiiU's GPU is "equal to or above" 5770 just shows how ignorant on this matter he actually is.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Nyleveia said:
Same old faces talking the samr old shit about a publisher seemingly because they turned their nose up at their fav system.

It is a fact when one states Bethesda releases buggy games.  It may be talking shit but when the facts are there then one can't deny it.  Perhaps I don't want to be a fucking beta tester for a released game.

Yes i suppose all nintendo made games are bug free too right, its a question of scale, games with bigger scope are harder to bugtest in the small anount of time available, but even then, when you have a relative small game you can have problems, the latest luigis mansion for example..

but hey lets pretend their games are the only buggy ones right?

Nyleveia said:
sethnintendo said:
Nyleveia said:
Same old faces talking the samr old shit about a publisher seemingly because they turned their nose up at their fav system.

It is a fact when one states Bethesda releases buggy games.  It may be talking shit but when the facts are there then one can't deny it.  Perhaps I don't want to be a fucking beta tester for a released game.

Yes i suppose all nintendo made games are bug free too right, its a question of scale, games with bigger scope are harder to bugtest in the small anount of time available, but even then, when you have a relative small game you can have problems, the latest luigis mansion for example..

If you have a big game, take more time to bug-test. Releasing a rolling beta should not be acceptable, period.

Also, everyone in this thread needs to cool it, or heads are going to roll (that second line not at you, Nyleveia, other people).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Zero999 said:
bobgamer said:
oniyide said:
Hynad said:

In this thread, I learned that since a Radeon HD 5770 and a 7990 offer the same DX11 features , they're both in the same performance range. That's really nice to know. Now I can save a lot of money when I finally get my next PC build.

As for Zero999... He reminds me quite a bit of lilbroex. I don't know why...

I thought i was the only one who noticed that, lilbroex was a little worst, but i think when his insane predictions dont come true, he might bounce just like Lilbroex did, people nowadays dont stick around and eat crow.

I sure hope so... Ugh, it doesn't get any worse than this... 

And do you have any links to lilbroex's predictions? Laughs are always welcome :)

indeed, laughs are always welcome. remember those lunatics stating that 3ds was going to fail AND psvita was going to be king?

I will ignore the moving of goalposts to sales, but yes, great laughs were given upon all of those threads. Recently that WiiU sales predictions thread that was bumped (for the laughs) also provided me great amusement (not taking a jab here, i laugh at all of them - contrary to what you implied).

Indeed, the internet is as lulzy as it gets, as this thread proved me again.

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
HoloDust said:
RazorDragon said:

Sorry, but Wii U's GPU is nowhere near comparable to a HD 5770, which has similar power as a HD 4870 and is, in fact, more powerful than XOne's GPU as far as GFLOP ratings go. Even in the best case scenario, Wii U would be just as powerful as a HD 4650/HD 5550, surely enough to surpass PS3/360, but no way in the same level as a HD 5770.

You're just wasting perfectly good bytes on him...he has no comprehension about hardware, and that GFLOPS are not the way to compare GPUs, so he would not understand that 7770 is some 30% faster than 5770 although they are rated about the same when it comes to GFLOPS...just as he does not want to  accept that you can't get his self-proclaimed 500-600 GFLOPS out of such a small silicon based on VLIW5 architecture, 550 MHz clock and 40/45nm fab.

His "estimate" that WiiU's GPU is "equal to or above" 5770 just shows how ignorant on this matter he actually is.

I thought 5770 was in the range of 600 gflops, must have confused it for another 5xxx gpu. still doesnt change the fact that the guy insinuated that I said a 5770 would perform in the same level of a 7990.

And I advise you to stop this persecussion on me. If you continue, it won't take long before you make a mistake.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
HoloDust said:
RazorDragon said:

I thought 5770 was in the range of 600 gflops, must have confused it for another 5xxx gpu. still doesnt change the fact that the guy insinuated that I said a 5770 would perform in the same level of a 7990.

And I advise you to stop this persecussion on me. If you continue, it won't take long before you make a mistake.

Seriously? I mean, seriously? That must be the weakest excuse i have ever seen for someone to try and escape a loosing arguement (i can see that you are going to respond bragging about how you are humilliating us). 
HoloDust, i give you my official authorization to keep flooding him with good sense and knowledge of technology :P, it's funny to see him squirm :)

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:
HoloDust said:
RazorDragon said:

Seriously? I mean, seriously? That must be the weakest excuse i have ever seen for someone to try and escape a loosing arguement (i can see that you are going to respond bragging about how you are humilliating us). 
HoloDust, i give you my official authorization to keep flooding him with good sense and knowledge of technology :P, it's funny to see him squirm :)

apparently I wasn't clear enough. every post from him that mentions me is filled with hostility and indirect/direct offenses. if he continues it won't take long before he is too clear on those aspects and gets banned.

And I'm not loosing any argument.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dude...if people cannot understand this they are kind of retarded. Bethesda had issues with the PS3 and 360 when it came to Ram usage even when the game was dumbed down. Nintendo is terrible behind in the technology department to get supported the way they deserve to.

no matter how bad nintendo treats its fan they still support them on this board, first the wii and now wiiu, hardware so bad it has trouble running  ports from 7 year old consoles and can't even do descent AA, but looking at those wiiu sales being cheap and actually designing a console thats worth a damn is gonna cost them, when your console is a generation behind, you think people are gonna come running back and buy your second console, fool me once but not happening twice.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Mr Khan said:
Nyleveia said:
sethnintendo said:
Nyleveia said:

If you have a big game, take more time to bug-test. Releasing a rolling beta should not be acceptable, period.

Also, everyone in this thread needs to cool it, or heads are going to roll (that second line not at you, Nyleveia, other people).

the more complex a game the harder it is to bugtest thoroughly without delaying the game significantly, and no matter how much you bugtest theres always going to be some you miss, theres a few dozen bugtesters verses a few million players, its only natural that bugs will be found on a complex title, the benefit now id that those bugs can be fixed, on previous generations they were there to stay.

bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:
HoloDust said:

@underlined - Haha, he's starting to get paranoid, it seems - I couldn't care less for his general lack of understanding of all things hardware if he wasn't persistent in proclaiming his misguided beliefs as gospel so often.

I generally ignore him, I tried few times to explain to him what would his claim "WiiU is half XOne, and third PS4" mean in terms of number of SPUs on that clock and architecture, TDP and fab, but he just keep banging his drum on and on. (if only it was true - that was what lot of us were expecting/hoping for after those first rumours about WiiU and 4850 level GPU back in days)

Anyway, that's why I jumped earlier in with my comparison - WiiU is as close to PS4 as PS4 is close to TITAN 3-way SLI...which is, according to some, "negligible".