By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda: Wii U is "not on our radar". "It's largely a hardware thing."

Tagged games:

pezus said:

Elder Scrolls and Fallout publisher Bethesda has said that it has no plans to support Wii U due to "hardware" issues.

[...]

"It's largely a hardware thing," Bethesda's marketing exec Pete Hines explained to Joystiq

[...]

"In our near-term focus it's not on our radar."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-07-bethesda-wii-u-is-not-on-our-radar

Are you surprised?

ZOMFG!!! Wii U is using stealth tech to disappear from devs' radars!!!!!1!!!!!  :-O 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Nintendo doesn't need 3rd parties like Bethesda, simply put.

You must of played Wheelspin too.

digitalnasties said:
happydolphin said:
Nintendo doesn't need 3rd parties like Bethesda, simply put.

You must of played Wheelspin too.

lol, no I haven't but I assume it's no good? :P

They have never supported Nintendo - EVER.

Even in their old days, "Where's Waldo?" was Bethesda's biggest game for the NES.

pezus said:
MohammadBadir said:
*WiiU sells like crazy in holidays and 2014*
Bethesda: yes we are definitely working on the WiiU

Worked well for Wii

it was a joke dammit

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

it was a joke dammit

There is no joking on this forum mister. :P

oniyide said:
wait...zero doesnt even OWN a WIi U? now thats funny. THat is some faux faith for you right there.

because myself owning a wii u or not changes what exactly?

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
wait...zero doesnt even OWN a WIi U? now thats funny. THat is some faux faith for you right there.

Absolutely nothing. Haven't you learned that there are certain users you just have to ignore?

pezus said:
Zero999 said:
bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:

thirst things first, do you know what Curé Syndrome is? If you don't like me mentioning it then the probelm is entirely yours. I keep saying it because no one seems to know it.

Why, yes. Google is a wonderful thing. You should try to use it sometime to see if you can open your eyes about the WiiU's hardware situation and relationship with third partys. It would do wonders for the quality of your posts. 

Considering Curé Syndrome is not on google I'm gonna say you don't know what it is.

And the Wii U's hardware situation is quite clear: a machine well ahead of ps360 and a little behind ps4/xone.

Now that is hilarious. A better way to put it is: a machine quite ahead of PS360 (but isn't showing it) and little behind PS4/xone. 

Sure, pikmin 3 insn't showing it, nintendoland isn't showing it, sonic lost worlds isn't showing it, bayonetta 2 isn't showing it, mario 3d world isn't showing it, X isn't showing it.

also: http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-vs-xbox-360-do-you-really-need-hd-6140621/

happydolphin said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

Absolutely nothing. Haven't you learned that there are certain users you just have to ignore?

it's good to leave them in the vacumm of speechlessness by destroying the delusions they call arguments.