By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii games that use the GC controller

@tabsina, no one said it would support the wiimote. Just that you may have the option to use the GC controller instead.

Around the Network

Delete

ferret1603 said:
You can use it for SSBB, Metal Slug Anthology, NiGHTS, Mortal Kombat, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Resident Evil 4 (start with the nunchuk then unplug it and the GC controller will work) and both Dragon Ball Z games. I'm sure there are others too, just look on the back of the case. IGN reviews tend to mention all the control options as well.

Naruto, MLB power Pros.

MLB Power Pros rocks. 

I've been thinking about getting a wavebird or a simple gc controller if they really are more suited for games like SSBB or MK.  Is it really an advantage?

P.S. What happened to this?

When I first saw the Wii, I thought the classic controller could be used to play GC games, hmmm. 

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

For me the GC controller is the best, so, if Nintendo use it, i'm happy.

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda
Around the Network
superchunk said:
@tabsina, ahhh that seems likely then as all wii games normall just have a whitish A circle and a rectablish bluish B.

Of course that all the games should have wiimote / nunchuk support. I was talking about the GC controller support as an EXTRA feature, not replacing the wiimote / nunchuk.

Mario Kart with GC controller support would be really awesome. Keeping that little wheel in front of me and rotating it doesn't look much fun. 

I think tabsina means an option where you can use the wiimote AND the nunchuck to control the game like you would do with a normal controller.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

i think mario kart wii will aslo use it but i would prefer to use the wii mote instead

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Thats for sure that some people will prefer one while other people will prefer the other one. Thats why I hope the big N will make all of us happy and create the posibility to play how we enjoy the game most.