By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one concerned!

I try with the wheel, and the GC controller.

Around the Network

I love the motion controls for racing games. So I'm sure I'll love them in MKW.

I like Bacon said:

Agreed.  So far i've played 2 racing games on Wii and both, with motion controls, have really sucked me in because of those controls.  I doubt I'll even consider playing with an analog stick, as I think the motion control will have a much more natural feel for a game like this. 

Definitely the feature I'm most excited for in this new MK.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I like Bacon said:

Most motion sensitive racersfor the Wii and PS3 works fine , so I know that it will work on this game to :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

well...according the ppl above me, they said u can use the GC controller. However, wouldn't that give an advantage to those ppl?

Around the Network

I am more concerned about that "air tricks with boost afterwards" business.

overall though, I am very concerned with the wii motion controls, as they are more fad than anything. Metroid Prime 3 proved that with the fad like controls. also, the wiggle in mario and zelda were boring. so really, we need to be concerned about the motion control. old control style FTW. I hate innovation.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Me said:
Joelcool7 why are you here - every post i've read is trolling, has Nintendo ever gave you reason to be concerned?

It'll work out just fine, read the other Mario Kart thread and see if you dont get excited.

This forum is about marketing and the industry. You can call me a troll but I talk about Nintendo's moves within the industry. Yes Nintendo has in the past given me reasons to be concerned during the N64 they supported the cartridge at a much higher price point that lost alot of third party support.

Nintendo is hands down the greatest first party publisher, however their track record has shown that they are not completely perfect. The games industry is a living breathing organism pretty much and Nintendo is a part of that organism.

Nintendo has its ups and down and right now I feel it is having more downs then ups. Nintendo has always maintained a strong first party dominance with its first party franchises leading the way. But ever since the Wii and DS launched Iwata and Nintendo have made it blatently obvious they want change!

Change in their IP's change in their hardware , change in the way games are played. I discuss these changes such as Iwata stating Nintendo will be shifting focus from its established IP's to creating new ones, dropping the GameCube classical control infastructure entirely from future games, pushing third party games and holding back to give them space!

Their are alot of things Nintendo does right now to discuss. I discuss them, I have been a Nintendo Power subscriber for 6-7 years I have been nominated to be a Sage and used to have a good relationship with two of the NOA's. I never bought a non-Nintendo console up untill the 360, I own almost every Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda game made!

I am the ideal Nintendo fan, so when discussing changes Nintendo is making who better then me, and I'm sure you and the other loyal Nintendo fans to call into question there decisions. Because thats exactly what my topics are all about a shift from games that target us the classical installed base to games that target non gamers with new controls and a removal of our established way of gaming!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Hmm, the wheel will be fine for racing, might get a bit awkward when battling though which is what ive always played mario kart for really.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

twesterm said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Mario Kart Wii is confirmed to have at least the GC and Wiimote as options, so...whining is not allowed.

I don't know, I still want to whine...

Sometimes it really bothetrs me how the Wii is supposed to be all about this new controller but then Nintendo keeps pussing out and allows for the Gamecube controller.

On one hand I like that they do allow options when I think of games like Lair but on the other I also think you should make a game good before releasing (Lair) and Nintendo should stick to their lets innovate idea since thats kind of what the Wii is about.

It just bothers me that I see them offer things like allowing the Gamecube controller and just makes me ask why not sell me a Gamecube when you're not even taking advantage of what the Wii is about?

You should be thankful that Nintendo is allowing us to use the Gameube controller. The Wii-mote is one of tha mian reason I don't buy Wii games. 80% of the time the controls will suck. Motion controls have no place in some games. I like the option to be able to play my games with great controls. Mario Galxy would have been a much better games if it were made with the GameCube controler in mind.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I'm all for a new style of control.... I've grown weary of joysticks