By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A very good new article comparing Xbox One and PS4 post Xbox One GPU boost!

After the way last gen's games turned out, I think this is really a huge waste of time and, for many, emotional energy. Why aren't we talking about the actual games???

Around the Network

My first post didn't get any attention so I'm using a big ol gif. This article is wrong on so many accounts. They get the teraflops numbers incorrect for both xbox one and wii u. Xbox was 1.23 and is now 1.31, not 1.25 and 1.33 as stated in the article. Also the wii u GPU is half the number they say, 176 gigaflops not 352. Both numbers are just guesstimates because Nintendo doesn't publish numbers but the 352 guess has been corrected to 176. Also the PS4 CPU is still 1.6 GHz just like the XBOX, the 2.75GHz number from the FCC is for ram. Am I the only one that bothered to check the link?

every article that has released ever since the specs leaked are false, and PR/fanboy crap trying to make the XBOX ONE look good next to the ps4....

mM
jonathanalis said:
24% is smaller than the diference of ps2 and GC?

Thats a tough comparison, comparing real world graphics to simulated. I believe the gc had a better then 24% performance advantage over ps2. I'm judging by Resident Evil 4. Capcom had to ditch most of the partical effects and lower the overall game resolution. As far as xb1 and ps4 go, we do not know for sure. I'm willing to bet as is the difference will be bairly noticable. Also who know how cloud processing will effect this? Nobody knows for sure if it's just a sales pitch or there is really something to it.

leo-j said:
every article that has released ever since the specs leaked are false, and PR/fanboy crap trying to make the XBOX ONE look good next to the ps4....

Prove to us that the xb1 doesn't look good capared to ps4? Thats a pretty wild accusation for not having any evidence either way. As sony says, "Make.Believe"

Around the Network

24% difference lol

JoeTheBro said:

Am I the only one that bothered to check the link?

No but I stopped reading right after the "2.75GHz cpu" nonsense. Another article from the "I have no clue but a website that needs hits" department...

PS4 is faster than Xbox One. Isn't that enough for the moment? For the details, I say wait until the consoles arrive and some techies tear them apart.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

VGC users know more than Carmack then!
The technical gap will be the smallest ever.

PS360 in comparison have WAY more differences than Xbox One and PS4 will have.

Last gen, there were discussions about "teh cell", something nobody had a clue about. Or the RAM 512MB vs 256MB + 256MB, or BluRay vs DVD9... The differences we are talking about now are tiny in comparison.

RAM is the same (yeah one is faster... SHOCKER)
CPU is the same
GPU is slightly different (Don't even try to make a big deal out of it)
input media is exactly the same
cloud computing (One supports it for certain games, the other one does not)

The machines are nearly identical and Carmack even said it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

ethomaz said:
killerzX said:
ethomaz said:
killerzX said:

"And tests simulating the potential performance of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only resulted in a 24 percent difference."

only 24 percent?

24% seems huge.

These are Leadbetter using a HD 7850 to simulate the Xbone lol.

i dont know what that means.

leadbetter, is a person, right? i dont know anything about graphics cards

One of the editors of Digital Foundry... the pro MS.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-can-xbox-one-multi-platform-games-compete-with-ps4

He used a HD 7870 to simulate the PS4 (well PS4 is between a HD 7850 and HD 7870) and a HD 7850 to simulate Xbone (it is HD 7770 in spec terms)... so fair.