By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Factory Responsible For Wii U eDram Set To Close Within 2-3 Years

FIRST 6 MILLION WIIU´S ARE COLLECTORS ITEMS !!!
HAHA !

Around the Network

Today. Pikmin 3 just released in America.

RolStoppable said:
That's a non-issue. In 2-3 years time there won't be any Wii Us produced anyway.

This is what I actually think.

Nintendo took a gamble and knowing that the Wii lasted 3 years then it died off they will probably be happy with a short life cycle for the Wii U. They will end the gen with some nice games and be ready to launch next gen again to match PS4/xbox one.

geddie221 said:
Today. Pikmin 3 just released in America.

wow,  AUS got a game before USA for once. Now I just wish they didn't cancel the release of about 5 games here haha.

Cobretti2 said:
RolStoppable said:
That's a non-issue. In 2-3 years time there won't be any Wii Us produced anyway.

Nintendo took a gamble and knowing that the Wii lasted 3 years then it died off they will probably be happy with a short life cycle for the Wii U. They will end the gen with some nice games and be ready to launch next gen again to match PS4/xbox one.

It's odd, no matter how silly the opinion, in every thread  somebody will agree with Rol.

Around the Network

Uh, just so people are made aware, that link/site updated:

"Nintendo previously announced that they’ll use TSMC to produce the eDram parts from now on." In other words, this will have zero effect what-so-ever on the future production of the Wii U. Terrible journalism at it's finest. Move along.

happydolphin said:
Cobretti2 said:
RolStoppable said:

It's odd, no matter how silly the opinion, in every thread  somebody will agree with Rol.

well i don't think it is that silly. This is liek a sign to Nintendo that instead of stretching out their console like they did with Gamecube and Wii for two extra years with game droughts may as well end the Wii U on a high with the great releases in 2014 and 2015. I Rather a console with less games that are quality than to fill the system with shovelware for two more years.

Cobretti2 said:

well i don't think it is that silly. This is liek a sign to Nintendo that instead of stretching out their console like they did with Gamecube and Wii for two extra years with game droughts may as well end the Wii U on a high with the great releases in 2014 and 2015. I Rather a console with less games that are quality than to fill the system with shovelware for two more years.

@bold. It looks like it was a very ineffective sign, because it won't affect Nintendo in the slightest.

I can even get myself to answer the rest (ending on a high note in 2014-2015, not drag on the droughts), it's just so off.

I can see Wii-U being killed off in 2-3 years in favor for a new console. They could probably even make a real tablet that's as powerfull as the Wii-U, so they could just replace it with that.

AnthonyW86 said:
I can see Wii-U being killed off in 2-3 years in favor for a new console. They could probably even make a real tablet that's as powerfull as the Wii-U, so they could just replace it with that.

And this time common consumers would just think this is gamepad redesign, another expensive add on for Wii U, not a good idea :D

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!