By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power Reviews Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

^of course it does and I'm so wanting to play it now (been practicing on melee)

Around the Network

Christ, the Super Smash series is becoming the Pro-Bowl of gaming. It's becomming the game where all the best developers, IPs, and music scores are all pooled into once flawless masterpiece.

vagabond and RPG_Fanatic:

I beat you both to how there are 39 characters and the 9001 thing.

:-p

i agree completely - i can't see where SSBB can be rated down by reviewers (less than 100%)

So, what's this big new rpg?

Oh wait, it's symphonia?

I LoVE ToS and can't wait, but I wanted a second "can't wait" rpg I already didn't know about for like the last year. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Lingyis said:
why should a game have a mediocre (it seems?) single player mode get a 10.0?

this should get a score above halo3 but certainly below SMG.

That's like saying the single player mode on Tekken or Soul Caliber is mediocre. Or that SMG should be deducted points because of the lack of multiplayer. Dumb.

Smash Bros. is a multiplayer-centric fighting game...and that's where the meat is, although now, they threw in a kick-ass single player mode using the game's mechanics.

You might be correct in saying that a game like Subspace Emissary alone should not get a 10. But the ENDLESSLY customizable multiplayer mode is where it's all at.  And the two modes on one disc, plus online matches, tournament setups, unlockable trophies/stickers, music (about 300 FULL tracks!  originals, as well as AWESOME remixes from all sorts of games, from Mario to MGS, from Metroid to Tetris), multiple single player event modes and practice modes, whatever...there's so much crap in this game I can't even remember it all.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Neos said:
Yea nice trolling Riot..real mature.

omg...Soriku got banned for the 1st time i have ever seen (ever since i have been on this site)

loadedstatement said:

There have many many improvements. Whether you deem then a step in the right direction or a step backward is your opinion. I guess we will see when the game comes out. Until then, I too reserve judgement. (Although based on the extensive amounts of music, videos, and information I have on the game, I can safely say that I will enjoy the game thoroughly)

There are improvement; I wouldn't expect anything less from Nintendo. However, when I watch gameplay vids of this game, it doesn't look like a huge step up from the last game. The last game is at 89% on gamerankings. With that in mind, does this game really look so much better than the last Smash borthers that it should be 95%+ game? 

Neos, I was not trolling. If you can't handle an opinion that isn't pro-Nintendo, that's just to bad.  

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Possum5454 said:
naznatips said: 39 playable characters of varrying fighting styles. Another 100 plus major characters appear in the form of Assist Trophies, where they will come out and fight for you.

39?????? i thoght it was 35? who else was announced?

39 selectable from the menu.  You are forgetting that Shiek, all 3 PT Pokemon, and Zero Suit Samus all have their own movesets.  

Lingyis said:
why should a game have a mediocre (it seems?) single player mode get a 10.0?

this should get a score above halo3 but certainly below SMG.

It shouldn't.  What game are you talking about?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."