By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power Reviews Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

This may quite possibly be the first game in history to get a prefect ten from every major publication on the planet.

But, with the hype surrounding the game, it damn well better have delivered. I am still suffering from Halo hype dementia.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network

Jealousy really sucks sometimes.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

kingofwale said:
>So, who would you rather go to for unbiased reviews?

@naznatips

I have no problem with the score, it won't be the last reviewer to give the game a perfect score (although personally, I don't think any game is perfect, but that's just me)

what I do have a problem is is the way the review was written. It's hardly subjective at all. It just reads like a PR report mixed with fanboy "wows",

Even if you don't agree with me, do you understand what I'm saying?

i agree with u...  ex:

"Maybe, if I set my mind to it, I could scrounge up some negative things to say about the game, some details that could've used a tiny bit more polish. But against the grand scope of how much Brawl does amazingly well, any other possible concerns would be trivial at best. To deny this game a 10 purely for the sake of shying away from the top of our review scale would be a shameful disservice to one of the greatest gaming achievements in years. Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this" 

SO tales of Symphonia was the Huge RPG announcement???

On topic:
Smash Deserves more 10's and will get them... So far so perfect.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

thats a good score i was expecting it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I'm getting the game anyways, but reviews from Official "Game Console/Company" magazines should be discredited.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Surely Brawl is an 11... reviewers will have to start upping the review scale soon to 20...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

pichu_pichu said:
Now its 3 reviews of a perfect score. KOOL

3?  I know of Thunderbolt and NP--what's the third?

@ Tayne: NP has given many Nintendo-developed games low scores when they deserve them.

They gave Galaxy 9.5, and that's one of my favourite games of all time, so Smash won't be beaten, quality-wise, until the next Smash

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
elgefe02 said:
SO tales of Symphonia was the Huge RPG announcement???

On topic:
Smash Deserves more 10's and will get them... So far so perfect.

Y'know that's my main focus from this post too. So is that confirmed as the huge announcment, and if so is Soriku committing Sepuku since it wasn't KH3? :P

edit: 3rd question, by any chance did I spell Supuku even remotely right? 

For those who are questioning his raving about the content as "fanboyism", these are some of the things included in Brawl:

39 playable characters of varrying fighting styles. Another 100 plus major characters appear in the form of Assist Trophies, where they will come out and fight for you.

Subspace Emissary. An epic 10 hour single-player adventure mode featuring all characters in the game interacting in an intertwined story. 2 player co-op in this mode. 5 difficulty levels. Includes an RPG like stat increase system where you attach stickers to your character's stat board to boost their abilities.

Over 300 musical scores composed by literally the best song writers in video game history (Nobuo Uematsu, Motoi Sakuraba, Akihiro Honda, etc.), and the ability to pick what songs play and how often in each stage. These include the original scores from games, remixes, compilations, and even Brawl original songs.

41 different stages including returning stages from Melee.

A stage builder letting you build infinite combinations of your own unique styles and ideas.

Classic mode, a standard fighting game 1 match after another ascent to a final boss.

Event Mode, where the game sets you up in unique situations based on their own history and franchises for challenging matches such as Pokemon Battles. Co-op available here too.

All the types of Brawling: 2 minute KO Fest, Stock, Team, etc. Not to mention the Special Brawl effects (Giant, Metal, Spring, Super Speed, Super Slow, many more, and any combination of the above).

Literally thousands of collectible trophies, stickers, and songs.

Demos of all the games the characters come from: Super Mario Bros, Earthbound, Fire Emblem, etc.

Not to mention all the minor game modes: All-Star, Target Test, Home Run Contest, etc...

Screenshots that can be taken from any angle or character's perspective after pausing the game. These can be sent online to your friends.

Mult-Man Brawl, a challenge against hordes of enemies to see how many you can kill. Also available in co-op and online co-op.

Stage of the day, a stage builder stage submitted by people around the world will be sent daily to everyone in the world who chooses to download it.

Recordable matches, you can take recordings of your matches and watch them or send them to your friends over wi-fi, just like the screenshots.

Oh, and a little thing called online multiplayer. Friend Code matches, random play matches, co-op

If you can name a game with anywhere near that amount of content, please do. I can't, and I've been playing games for 20 years. This isn't fanboy raving. Anyone who isn't knocked on their ass by the amount of stuff in this game is simply kidding themselves.