By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Nintendo the only one coming with really unique gaming soundtracks?

Who makes the best gaming soundtracks these days?

Nintendo 178 71.20%

Sony 65 26.00%

Microsoft 7 2.80%

Total:250

In two words : Shoji Meguro

Around the Network

journey says hi

starhawk too

as well as gravity rush but that's already mentioned

also if you count xenoblade for nintendo i also count ff type-0 for sony

0815user said:

journey says hi

starhawk too

as well as gravity rush but that's already mentioned

also if you count xenoblade for nintendo i also count ff type-0 for sony

Monolift Soft is owned by Nintendo. Square is not owned by Sony. I don't get why people can't understand this yet. Donkey Kong Country has a great variety of music, part of the reason, I can't wait for DKCTF because it is being composed by the same person

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:

Monolift Soft is owned by Nintendo. Square is not owned by Sony. I don't get why people can't understand this yet. Donkey Kong Country has a great variety of music, part of the reason, I can't wait for DKCTF because it is being composed by the same person

If you listen closely, you can hear a new song from David Wise and I love the guitar. David Wise returning to Donkey Kong after such a long time is one of the most epic things this generation already.

WOW! A soundtrack thread without mentioning legendary game music composer Paul A. Romero even once? I'm betting on incredible ignorance here. 

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
In two words : Shoji Meguro

Aww yeah!

TheJimbo1234 said:
MDMAlliance said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Eh? What?!
WHy are you naming the console manufacturers rather than the studios?! That is just strange and begging for a fanboy war between everyone. You should have asked which studios etc as the console is too vague eg. SotC (amazing), to CoD (dire). You just can't draw such a broad generalisation.

Honestly, you don't have much of a right to talk about generalizations and begging for fanboy wars.  Yes, this is a poorly written thread and almost no one actually 100% agrees with OP.  However, you should understand that he means Nintendo-owned studios.  I don't think anyone was confused by that.

And my point still stands. It is far too varied. You're dealing with how many dozens of studios per label? It's like saying "which are better? European cars or Asian?" It is impossible to answer as some European cars are great, some are shit, just like with Asian cars.

I didn't say that you didn't have a "point."  What I was saying was that your point was already assumed by many, and that your complaint about what this thread does is stuff you do constantly anyway.

Naum said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because you're afraid of the evolving nature of games. Nintendo will always be there for you. Luckily for me I am more open minded and enjoy new games and evolved experiences.

Can't believe you even have the courage to say/write this...

You don't have to believe it. It doesn't want games to evolve. If he doesn't like it he's missing out.

Soleron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Enjoy your Wii U and buy some old games.

I'm never buying a Wii U.

I missed out on the Wii this gen so I am making up for it with a Wii U after I get my PS4.

Concerning first parties, I would say that Nintendo wins hands-down, both in variety and memorability. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're the only ones creating unique soundtracks though. I found Journey's music quite moving and I personally think the Halo series as strong as ever with its soundtracks.

Third parties have good stuff too. I've particularly enjoyed what the composers of the Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect series have accomplished.