By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii Details from Famitsu

I don't understand why people kee complaining about using tilt instead of a stick, Mario Kart was made for this kind of control, it just took a while before the controls appeared that fit the game.

Around the Network

From the way it's worded, it indeed seems like you can't have split-screen and WiFi at the same time.

I hope that's not true though...Brawl is a testament that you can have multiple people playing online and be ok...and I don't see how split-screen would actually affect an online game...since it's still keeping track of each player's position on the racetrack...only now 4 of them are on the same Wii console. Like BenKenobi88+3 guests or something, like with Mario Strikers.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
From the way it's worded, it indeed seems like you can't have split-screen and WiFi at the same time.

I hope that's not true though...Brawl is a testament that you can have multiple people playing online and be ok...and I don't see how split-screen would actually affect an online game...since it's still keeping track of each player's position on the racetrack...only now 4 of them are on the same Wii console. Like BenKenobi88+3 guests or something, like with Mario Strikers.

Hehe, you just want to collude on races.

^i'm afraid that the new control (steering wheel) will not be as good as a regular control stick (since it might be harder to control) but i hope for the best....

People people if don't like the wheel use the gamecube controller. This why nintendo uses mulitple control options so more people would buy it.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

Most anticipated games in this year for me
1.- SSBB
2.- Mario Kart Wii
3.- Kirby Wii
4.- Third version of pokemon (DS)
5.- Kingdom hearts 358/2 days (DS)

I can't wait for the motion control in this game. I love racing games on the Wii.

Everything of that seems great :) Except that there are leaderboards, but hey, 8th place won't disconnect, and there is little chance that any of you guys get owned by 8 people.

Too bad that there probably won't be splitscreen online :(

The problem here, is that the GC controller will probably be better to use than the wheel, which will make the wheel outdated in online.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Everything of that seems great :) Except that there are leaderboards, but hey, 8th place won't disconnect, and there is little chance that any of you guys get owned by 8 people.

Too bad that there probably won't be splitscreen online :(

The problem here, is that the GC controller will probably be better to use than the wheel, which will make the wheel outdated in online.

The wheel was only ever meant for the casual player.  Like "never touched a controller" casual.  I really liked Excitetruck controls so I will probably go shell-less.  Some people like their classic games played in the classic style....so the GC support isn't a step back....it's just giving veterans choices.

I didn't say it was a step back, but for me it is a bit sad, because I want to use the wheel all the time, and now I have to accpept losing.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS