By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii Details from Famitsu

The ghost data is really interesting. Wonder how that will work. But it's a great idea. Get the ghost data of people with great times and see what they are doing so you can improve your game (assuming you can even keep up with their 'ghosts').

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>kingofwale, there's a leaderboard for Mario Strikers Charged too.

I know that, I am merely question why there isn't one for SSBB.

I don't know...but trust me...there's plenty of people (myself included) that don't care if SSBB had a leaderboard or not. Ever played MKDS and had someone disconnect when they started to lose? Yeah...that'll happen a lot if there's a leaderboard for MKWii.

Most online FPSs don't have leaderboards...I don't get why tons of console gamers think leaderboards are a neccessity in online gaming. Matchmaking with random people based on their game experience is a good thing...posting a leaderboard with ranks 24/7...not.

In an online FPS, you can usually check your stats, and you can compare your stats to other players invidually. Most games don't have a perpetual leaderboard with the best players on it though...unless you're talking server-by-server, which many keep track of. A perpetual leaderboard would simply encourage people to cheat to get to the top. And what's the point? To get to the top of the leaderboard? I'd rather discourage cheaters by not giving them any incentive.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well, I own all 5 other Mario Kart games. This one will be no exception. I will be adding this to my library along with millions of other gamers. Online will be cool.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

NEED BRAWL SCANS

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

If its in a seperate chan, they SHOULD be able to add leader boards to any WiFi game.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

hm good that it has leader boards

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Apparently Brawl got a perfect 10. MP3 got a perfect 10, then the last game to get a perfect 10 from Nintendo Power was RE4 for GC...SMG didn't though? weird.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

> Why do you question that?

because it's really important to me, Much like Halo kills, a fighting games, I'd like to know how many people I pwned. lol

I'm glad MK was able to offer that, I'm just confused why there wasn't one on SSBB

what was Nintendo's official explanation?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Nintendo's explanation is that they'd prefer it if people just focused on having fun with Brawl's online mode, not encouraging people to get over-competitive and kill the atmosphere for less-hardcore Smashers.

If it's that important to you, I'd suggest you rethink your priorities...tracking your stats would have been nice, but it's still a kickass game without it.  And your stats do get tracked with friend matches I think. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I hope there is no leaderboard in this game and I'm actually happy that there wasn't one for Smash.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY