By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Congratulations. You're in charge of Nintendo. Now what?

CONTROVERSY
polemic always work

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
leo-j said:
Turn into a 3rd party company, putting mario/zelda on all platforms! And pokemon too

no

YES.  And to top it all off, I would give all the major Nintendo IPs to AAA western developers to take a stab at.

But I would still keep them in the handheld market... that's far too lucrative to ignore.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Gnac said:
So, most people would dilute and eventually destroy them for short-term gains. Not surprising.

I'd just get Yamauchi back and make him head of PR.

You serious?  Yamauchi's idea of PR was to essentially tell anyone and everyone to f*ck off if they didn't like the way he was running things.  It was one thing when Nintendo was the only game in town back in the late 80s/early 90s... it's another thing entirely when you're faced with stiff competition from mega-corporations like Sony and Microsoft who also happen to be leaders or well connected with leaders in the tech industry as well.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

MDMAlliance said:
I make Mario an FPS, Metroid a colorful 2D shoot-em-up, F-Zero a fighting game, Starfox a dating sim, Animal Crossing an action adventure game, Zelda an SRPG, Pikmin an MMORPG, Pokemon a horror survival game, and any new IP's will be WRPG's featuring fully custom characters with a 100% non-linear gameplay, and a 500,000 square mile open world where you can do anything from stealing from babies, to having sex in public.
Then, I would make all these games available to PC and make all the consoles the most powerful on the market, and sell them for a $300 dollar loss each console, MSRP $5,555.55.

you sir win the internet.  I want those new IPs and I will start saving

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

think-man said:
Merge with Sony.....Sony can do the Consoles and Ninty can do the handhelds.

win win.

Well, I hope that Nintendo is in charge of the controllers. Going from Gamepad to Dualshock would be a downgrade.

As for me? Here is my strategy to rape Sony and MS:

- Buy Valve (to handle the online part)

- Buy Crytek (to create engines)

- Buy nVidia (to create hardware)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Gnac said:
So, most people would dilute and eventually destroy them for short-term gains. Not surprising.

I'd just get Yamauchi back and make him head of PR.

Yup, not surprising in the least.

One of the silliest suggestions was to let Western AAA developers make Nintendo games. Those people would break down in tears, because they aren't used to shipping polished products.

Mario 128, now requires a day one patch to make it passed the first star, has half the stars as paid DLC, and has an average of two major glitches per star!

I'd get all the free stuff I can before they realize I'm a fraud and throw me out the building.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Games, games, games, games, games. Push out the big guns and have a $50 price drop for the console.

If I could afford it.....

Buy EA.

That'd fuck 'em.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

radiantshadow92 said:
leo-j said:
Turn into a 3rd party company, putting mario/zelda on all platforms! And pokemon too

they wud make so much more money if they dropped hardware 

yep

mM