By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Intel Ivy Bridge-E Processors Flagship Core i7-4960X To Cost $990 US

CGI-Quality said:

DDR$ capable Haswell-Es. * Drool *?

Boom! before edit!

At this price, I can agree. DDR-$

Gonna have monster performance, though. Along with monster diminishing returns, but the buyers are aware.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Xen said:
CGI-Quality said:

DDR$ capable Haswell-Es. * Drool *?

Boom! before edit!

At this price, I can agree. DDR-$

Gonna have monster performance, though. Along with monster diminishing returns, but the buyers are aware.

These kinds of topics rarely draw many responses (understandable, $1000 for a CPU is going to keep it all to its lonesome), but humor is always a start!

Wait for zarx and disolitude and we may have something

how do similarly performing amds and intels compare in price?
I've seen that haswells are outperforming amd apus but what's the price difference?

I can't even imagine paying that much for a CPU alone.

I could likely build a desktop several times more powerful than current with that kind of cash.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Ahhh... to have a huge disposable income so I could afford this ultimate chip of diminishing returns!

Around the Network

Intel isnt even trying anymore.

You can do better!

Sorry I'm confused. It explains a difference between Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge-E, but what about Ivy Bridge and Ivy Bridge-E? Ivy Bridge has been out for about a year now...

Sweet. Will need this to go with Quadro K6000 SLI.

fordy said:
Sorry I'm confused. It explains a difference between Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge-E, but what about Ivy Bridge and Ivy Bridge-E? Ivy Bridge has been out for about a year now...

6 cores, vs 4

None of them are cost efficient, but if you need the fastest, they're it.

This screams overkill to me, but looks cool.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)