By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Unarmed Black Florida Man Shot in own driveway

(CBS) A Florida man says he was shot and injured in the driveway of his home by sheriff's deputies after reaching into his mother's car for a cigarette, reports the Pensacola News Journal.

Roy Middleton, 60, was reportedly shot in the leg shortly before 3 a.m. Saturday after he went to retrieve a cigarette from his mother's car in the driveway of their home.

Middleton said he was reaching into his car for a cigarette when he was confronted by sheriff's deputies responding to a burglary call. A neighbor had called 911 after they saw him reaching into the car, reports the paper.

Middleton said he heard a deputy ordering him to put up his hands. He was backing out of the driveway with his hands raised, he said, when they opened fire.

"It was like a firing squad," he told the paper. "Bullets were flying everywhere."

The Escambia County Sheriff's Office reportedly wouldn't comment. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the incident and the deputies have been placed on paid administrative leave.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57595948-504083/roy-middleton-fla-man-shot-by-sheriffs-deputies-in-his-driveway-after-searching-car-for-cigarette-report-says/

What the heck is in those Florida waters??

Around the Network

He's BLACK!! RACISM

(insert Joker "and here we go" GIF here)

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Its the Paid administrative leave. one of the best perks of being a police officer in florida.

you shoot a black man, you get a paid vacation.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

It's Florida, so it seems legit. I hope they are fired but knowing Florida they will probably get promoted for shooting a 60 year old black man.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network

News just in: various organization reporting that the 60 year old was "armed with the concrete underneath him". Lol

"Middleton said he was reaching into his car for a cigarette when he was confronted by sheriff's deputies responding to a burglary call. A neighbor had called 911 after they saw him reaching into the car,"

How fast are those deputies?! o_O

That's just the police.

They do that shit all the time unfortunately.

The only reason this is getting news is because of the other recent florida events.

What color were the police? Hopefully atleast one was black or they'll be in court for five years instead of two. Why is it that every single case that the news gets involved in, where the evidence can be displayed in a matter of minutes drag on for years. Four hours a day in a court room debating the same crap over and over again. You guys don't think you can move a little bit quicker? This is why any time you have to go to court it's delayed for months on end before you get an appearance.

Kasz216 said:
That's just the police.

They do that shit all the time unfortunately.

The only reason this is getting news is because of the other recent florida events.

I agree