By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Current Vs. Next Gen Footage(Videos)

What do you think of the footage?

Kill it with fire 29 13.36%

WTF 17 7.83%

Wow, just wow 14 6.45%

atrocity 1 0.46%

looks meh 26 11.98%

Best looking game ever-sarcasm 8 3.69%

looks ok at best 17 7.83%

Wow, so watch dogs is on the ps2? 67 30.88%

looks good 38 17.51%

Total:217
hsrob said:
mii-gamer said:
the wii u footage from the e3 montage did not look promising - i must say. I am leaning towards the idea that the Wii U version will be the same as the current maybe a little better - not the the fault of the hardware but ubisoft will be too fucked to put the extra effort to use hardware. Sorry my fellow nintendo fans, this is how i see the end product. Don't get you hopes up - you may be disappointed.

Watch dog footage starts at 2:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eT12Mk4a1U

You can't really draw too many conclusions from that video, the quality is pretty poor.

Is it just me or is Youtube getting worse in this regard as of late, even 720p and 1080p streams are so heavily compressed it's barely worth the option of having the higher res versions.

i know youtube quality isn't great but there is a difference, what i'am really getting at is that don't get your hopes up

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
mii-gamer said:
the wii u footage from the e3 montage did not look promising - i must say. I am leaning towards the idea that the Wii U version will be the same as the current maybe a little better - not the the fault of the hardware but ubisoft will be too fucked to put the extra effort to use hardware. Sorry my fellow nintendo fans, this is how i see the end product. Don't get you hopes up - you may be disappointed.

its really the hardware fault.

it's totally the hardware fault that need for speed most wanted u was better on the wii u than last gen. Regardless of the fact presented in front of you, there is nothing in the world that will convince you that the Wii U is stronger than last gen consoles. 

They showed the PS4 verson on Fallon and graphics looked crap too. Everything they showed on stage at E3 was high end PC pretending to be PS4.

mii-gamer said:
hsrob said:
mii-gamer said:

You can't really draw too many conclusions from that video, the quality is pretty poor.

Is it just me or is Youtube getting worse in this regard as of late, even 720p and 1080p streams are so heavily compressed it's barely worth the option of having the higher res versions.

i know youtube quality isn't great but there is a difference, what i'am really getting at is that don't get your hopes up

That is, ofcourse, if it is Wii U footage. Remember that last year we saw what was "supposedly Wii U footage" which ended up being PS360 footage. And as we haven't seen any other footage from the Wii U version yet, I wouldn't say that this is enough to make a judgement just yet.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

just ewwwww

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
I feel sorry for anyone who actually pre ordered the current gen versions

According to VGchartz not many people are doing it.   PS360WiiU versions of WD do not appear in the pre-order charts.

mii-gamer said:

Red Circle: Even if this is Wii U footage, you can clearly see (even through the really poor res) that there's a nice amount of reflection on the car in that footage.  Maybe that's exactly how it will be in both current and next gen versions, who knows.

Purple Circle: This may be proof it isn't the Wii U footage, but not guarantees.  I would imagine that the map would be displayed on the gamepad rather on the TV, but it's also just as likely that the gamepad will have a completely different function and wont be used for the map at all.  

So this is all speculation, but there's little to no evidence the Wii U footage will look bad.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

i dont get it, people are saying it wont look anything like the 360/ps3 versions i'm saying it will basically look the same, just like ps3/360/wiiu muliplatform games in the past, is that hard for you to understand

I understand, but I'm also aware of your bias. If you want a bet a rational person would take, you'll have to come up with a more clear-cut and unambiguous deciding factor, like "it won't beat the PS3/360 versions according to Digital Foundry."

dude this is not that hard, the ps4 and xbone versions of watch dogs are gonna crap all over currentgen versions, were talking about consoles that are 7-10x more powerful then currentgen, if the wiiu version is any where near nextgen versions it will clearly show, just looks at the video in current gen versions, its a night in day differnce and you call me biased but i have been right on everything i have said so far.

You're not getting it. A bet needs concrete conditions. Not vague ones. A sales number, for instance.

And no, you haven't been right on everything you've said; you said Wii U ports of PS360 games would continue to be inferior on Wii U, Need for Speed then proved you wrong.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

i dont get it, people are saying it wont look anything like the 360/ps3 versions i'm saying it will basically look the same, just like ps3/360/wiiu muliplatform games in the past, is that hard for you to understand

I understand, but I'm also aware of your bias. If you want a bet a rational person would take, you'll have to come up with a more clear-cut and unambiguous deciding factor, like "it won't beat the PS3/360 versions according to Digital Foundry."

dude this is not that hard, the ps4 and xbone versions of watch dogs are gonna crap all over currentgen versions, were talking about consoles that are 7-10x more powerful then currentgen, if the wiiu version is any where near nextgen versions it will clearly show, just looks at the video in current gen versions, its a night in day differnce and you call me biased but i have been right on everything i have said so far.

You're not getting it. A bet needs concrete conditions. Not vague ones. A sales number, for instance.

And no, you haven't been right on everything you've said; you said Wii U ports of PS360 games would continue to be inferior on Wii U, Need for Speed then proved you wrong.

resident evil revelations was inferior on wiiu, so the trend hasn't stopped yet, i don't why DF stoppeds doing faceoffs after that.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

resident evil revelations was inferior on wiiu, so the trend hasn't stopped yet, i don't why DF stoppeds doing faceoffs after that.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. When you're shown to be wrong, you try to weasel out of it by trying to ignore or discredit the game or developer that shows you're wrong. You can't be trusted to honour a bet because you've shown time and again your inability to accept when you are wrong.