By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Current Vs. Next Gen Footage(Videos)

What do you think of the footage?

Kill it with fire 29 13.36%

WTF 17 7.83%

Wow, just wow 14 6.45%

atrocity 1 0.46%

looks meh 26 11.98%

Best looking game ever-sarcasm 8 3.69%

looks ok at best 17 7.83%

Wow, so watch dogs is on the ps2? 67 30.88%

looks good 38 17.51%

Total:217
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

You're not getting it. A bet needs concrete conditions. Not vague ones. A sales number, for instance.

And no, you haven't been right on everything you've said; you said Wii U ports of PS360 games would continue to be inferior on Wii U, Need for Speed then proved you wrong.

resident evil revelations was inferior on wiiu, so the trend hasn't stopped yet, i don't why DF stoppeds doing faceoffs after that.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. When you're shown to be wrong, you try to weasel out of it by trying to ignore or discredit the game or developer that shows you're wrong. You can't be trusted to honour a bet because you've shown time and again your inability to accept when you are wrong.

what the heck, i never said every port would be inferior, i said most would, and  most ports are inferior.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. When you're shown to be wrong, you try to weasel out of it by trying to ignore or discredit the game or developer that shows you're wrong. You can't be trusted to honour a bet because you've shown time and again your inability to accept when you are wrong.

what the heck, i never said every port would be inferior, i said most would, and  most ports are inferior.

When you made the "next 5 multiplats will be inferior" bet, you made no special conditions in your original claim, simply stating that it be the next 5. Then, later,  you added the condition that they had to be simultaneous releases, cos you realized Need for Speed would prove your original claim wrong and you were going to lose the bet.

Funnily enough, that is the kind of bet I'm talking about; a bet with a clear external deciding factor, in the case of the 5 multiplats bet, Digital Foundry. 

If you want people to take a bet, why don't you bet whether Wii U will be inferior to PS3/360 Watchdogs according to Digital Foundry? Then you'll be more likely to get someone to take the bet.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

When you made the "next 5 multiplats will be inferior" bet, you made no special conditions in your original claim, simply stating that it be the next 5. Then, later,  you added the condition that they had to be simultaneous releases, cos you realized Need for Speed would prove your original claim wrong and you were going to lose the bet.

Funnily enough, that is the kind of bet I'm talking about; a bet with a clear external deciding factor, in the case of the 5 multiplats bet, Digital Foundry. 

If you want people to take a bet, why don't you bet whether Wii U will be inferior to PS3/360 Watchdogs according to Digital Foundry? Then you'll be more likely to get someone to take the bet.

you keep on mentioning that bet, the game will have to be out at the same time, ehanced port always come out later even on 360/ps3 thats why excluded it, just look at ninja gaiden razor edge on 360/ps3 they came out later and run much better then the wiiu version.

ninjablade said:

you keep on mentioning that bet, the game will have to be out at the same time, ehanced port always come out later even on 360/ps3 thats why excluded it, just look at ninja gaiden razor edge on 360/ps3 they came out later and run much better then the wiiu version.

Later doesn't always mean better. Late PC ports to PS3/360, even ones with "enhancements" like Crysis 1 and Witcher 2 still fall short of the original.

It was specifically stated by Criterion that Need for Speed's enhancements were made possible by Wii U's stronger hardware.

But this is getting way off topic. The subject of this thread is Watch Dogs.

the developer said on twitter that current gen version will look better then the trailer, and it was somehow a mistake

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

Later doesn't always mean better. Late PC ports to PS3/360, even ones with "enhancements" like Crysis 1 and Witcher 2 still fall short of the original.

It was specifically stated by Criterion that Need for Speed's enhancements were made possible by Wii U's stronger hardware.

there is no denying that a port coming out later has its advantages, thats why it was exluded, it has nothing to do with biase, games you mentioned were running on way more powerful pc's yet witcher 2 was able to have enhanced lighitng cause it was a late port.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

there is no denying that a port coming out later has its advantages, thats why it was exluded, it has nothing to do with biase, games you mentioned were running on way more powerful pc's yet witcher 2 was able to have enhanced lighitng cause it was a late port.

Yet you ignore the huge advantages that come with consoles being out for years and years longer.

Also, Watch Dogs. Focus. Or do you have nothing on topic to contribute to the thread?

On topic, I suspect Ubisoft are scrambling to cover their arse now that the internet's had a tantrum about this footage, hence the Twitter statement. It may indeed have been a mistake, or maybe they simply underestimated how much gamers cared. One of the big problems with cross-gen development is that it's very hard to take full advantage of both sides of the gap.

ninjablade said:
MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
Ji99saw said:
I'm actually surprised how fugly that was, I definitely not expecting that. Is that what the Wii U version is going to look like? Any one know?

i expect the wiiu/360/ps3 version to be on par with each other, so yes.

Of course you would be in this thread.  Watch the Wii U version be clearly superior to the 360/PS3 versions and you'd still be saying "THEY IS ON PAR HERP DE DERP"

i would bet my account the wiiu version will be on par or at best slighty better then the ps3/360 versions, any body willing to make the bet

Only if there is a completely unbiased judge.

I'd nominate Trasharmdsister

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

So apparently the current gen build will look 'much better' than the footage we saw. Me thinks me will waits and sees how comparisons go.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:
So apparently the current gen build will look 'much better' than the footage we saw. Me thinks me will waits and sees how comparisons go.

I don't even get why they bothered to release that trailer anyways. Why not use footage from the pc/ps4/x1 instead.