By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Fish says "Japanese games sucks" ......I sort of agree (Jonathan Blow and Phil Fish)

Tagged games:

Do you agree with Jonathan Blow and Phil Fish?

Yes 16 10.26%

No 139 89.10%

Total:155

Phil Fish should feel bad and anyone that agrees with him should feel bad.

Just bad.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Phil Fish should feel bad and anyone that agrees with him should feel bad.

Just bad.

I'm more mainly on Jonanthan Blow side, just because he said when I been dealing with the Japanese games lately. Tales of Grace F had a good battle systems but so ....boring, the overall experience.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:

I'm more mainly on Jonanthan Blow side, just because he said when I been dealing with the Japanese games lately. Tales of Grace F had a good battle systems but so ....boring, the overall experience.

I agree with the guy that agreed with the guy about Western games being all about smoke and mirrors.

Ironically, they both had names that started with 'X.'

I think everyone on that panel are all jerk-offs. I'm sorry, but that is just what I think.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Well Indie devs feel they can speak out about anything that's bothering them but I feel they should at least try to show some respect when doing so. At least Blow tried a bit but some of his comments don't apply to Japanese devs it applies to devs from all over.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

So, if I get this right: They specifically talk about Luigis Mansion and use it as an example of japanese game design flaws? Is'nt that made by a Canadian developer? Or am I reading this shit wrong?

Beside the fact that he responded like a jackass to the questioner, I think they made some good points. Zelda is almost the same as the originals and and the reading dialogue is very boring. The first two hours of the games are horrible. And, I do agree that Western games blow away Japanese games. Pokemon is exactlyas the described, slow as shit and exactly the same in every version with slightly updated graphics. Though many long standing series in the West suffer this problem Japanese games still 15-20 years later are the same. The newer stuff has really corny dialogue. The Western stories and dialogue do do much better on average.

wow, that guy is a jerk.

Ah, dueling generalizations. Japanese games suck! No, western games suck! No, indie games suck!

Bloody hell ...

Am I the only who who likes games from all over the world, from all different sized developers, and thinks generalizations like that are mind-numbingly ridiculous? Todays I've played an indie game (Thomas Was Alone), a Japanese game (Zero Escape), and a western "AAA" game (Borderlands 2), and I've enjoyed the hell out of each one of them. Screw worrying about who made them, I just like good games.

I'd like to know exactly what Japanese games he does like. Anyone know?