By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Fish says "Japanese games sucks" ......I sort of agree (Jonathan Blow and Phil Fish)

Tagged games:

Do you agree with Jonathan Blow and Phil Fish?

Yes 16 10.26%

No 139 89.10%

Total:155

Generally speaking both Japanese and western games suck. Both places create a lot of games with crap stories (often it doesn't matter). Each area creates lots of gems though.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

well I do agree even the best Japanese makers are nowhere as good as they used to be, while western games keep on improving.

which western dev keeps improving??? ubisoft gets more dull, ea also, activision also. You are talking about First Party dev's and talented people, but they aren't the majority. Look what crap gets released the entire year from the western market. 99 % bullsh*t.

Western games looks like the same to me, focus on graphics and cinematic experience. I prefer japanese games as I like more the non-realistic artstyle they normally use and the kind of gameplay they use.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Th3PANO said:
Kyuu said:

well I do agree even the best Japanese makers are nowhere as good as they used to be, while western games keep on improving.

which western dev keeps improving??? ubisoft gets more dull, ea also, activision also. You are talking about First Party dev's and talented people, but they aren't the majority. Look what crap gets released the entire year from the western market. 99 % bullsh*t.

it's normal that 99% of the games aren't brilliant, that always was the case - the average quality of games even improved, but the average  originality dropped

Th3PANO said:
Kyuu said:

American devs as a whole, if its small or large dev groups.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

phil fish...the guy who got upset over a twitter arguement and cancelled his game because of it...yeah I'll take him seriously...

Lafiel said:
Th3PANO said:
Kyuu said:

it's normal that 99% of the games aren't brilliant, that always was the case - the average quality of games even improved, but the average  originality dropped

If you generalize the whole market like Mr Fish you also have to look on the not so bright side of the western market. Not highlighting the gems like everyone does all the time. Both marekts have their gems and their trash titles.

Some of what they say (not Fish because he only talks trash) makes some sense like the overly long tutorials and the efforts to confine the player, but their disrespect if astounding. His game would never have existed if not for super mario and the platformers of the 8 bit era where it drew inspiration from.
Its disrespectful and amazing how the same guy then complains the industry doesnt give him enough respect. That would be cause he isnt worth it!

arcane_chaos said:
phil fish...the guy who got upset over a twitter arguement and cancelled his game because of it...yeah I'll take him seriously...

It's really Johnathan that really got to me.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
Th3PANO said:
Kyuu said:

American devs as a whole, if its small or large dev groups.

As a whole. Are you serious? There are american Studios that are good at what they are making but we had a lot of crap this gen, the whole motion control stuff, the whole fps oversatisfaction. Dumbing down sequels for the masses. We had the good devs which made good games and then we had the 90 % devs that copied the gameplay and style.