By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which 8th gen home console will sell the most in 2014?

which will sell the most in 2014?

Wii U 356 33.87%

Playstation 4 608 57.85%

Xbox One 85 8.09%

Total:1,049
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
MonstaMack said:
Wow, people are really for the Wii U turn around?
I guess the few games that are coming out will turn it around, but then again the Gamecube didn't exactly fly off shelves with all the big titles it had.

I think it will be PS4>XB1>>>Wii U

there's no "turning around" when it never had the big hitters in the first place.

there's more than "a few" games coming. And thankfully wii u is not a gamecube and is in a mearket 12 years older.

That first sentance is a really wierd argument. Its selling badly and the games will cause it to sell better, that is "turning it around"

it was a little confusing but I meant that the curretn situation is due to lack of games. A REAL turn around would be if the system was seling badly even without a game drought and then start selling gangbusters.

Ok I get what u mean now, kinda like if its selling badly even when Pikmin, DKC, 3D World, Fit U all come out but then all of a sudden sells strongly once Mario Kart releases

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
As said already, pretty much every console has had a slow first year. So just going by that alone should say the Wii U will be on top. Then if you wanna look at other factors, the Wii U will have a bigger library of exclusive and proven games, and be cheaper in price, likely much cheaper with a price drop.

Yep PS2 and Wii are the only consoles released this century that didnt have a slow first year.

Ah, I knew for sure about the Wii but wasn't about PS2 so thanks for expanding on that! I think it's safe to say that the PS4 & XO will not be replicating the Wii or PS2. It's pretty clear why the Xbox One definitely wont, and Sony isn't even trying to get people to upgrade yet with how they're still strongly supporting the PS3. And of course for both systems, there's all them cross-gen multiplats.

I clicked WiiU but I changed my mind and will say ps4.

kowenicki said:
PS4, One, WiiU. In that order.

The ONE will "sell amazingly considering its price".

Thought you would have said xbone will be first.

Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No...they wont struggle like Nintendo has. Nintendo had content and marketing issues post launch. If it wasnt the Wii they didnt care.

ps4 and Xone have content issues before, during and after launch.

They have not launched yet. We're not even into the quarterly window yet. They already have more games noted than Nintendo had. A lot more really. NIntendo is having a really hard time. I think this will be remedied in 2014 and I think thats the year I might decide to pick up a Wii U.

Around the Network
think-man said:

Ur not allowed to change ur mind

Think-man officially thinks Wii U will sell the most in 2014

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
think-man said:

Damn! guess im gunna have to accept that ill be wrong on this one :(

think-man said:
zorg1000 said:
think-man said:

Damn! guess im gunna have to accept that ill be wrong on this one :(

No be happy that im not giving u a chance to be wrong

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No...they wont struggle like Nintendo has. Nintendo had content and marketing issues post launch. If it wasnt the Wii they didnt care.

ps4 and Xone have content issues before, during and after launch.

They have not launched yet. We're not even into the quarterly window yet. They already have more games noted than Nintendo had. A lot more really. NIntendo is having a really hard time. I think this will be remedied in 2014 and I think thats the year I might decide to pick up a Wii U.

they have not launched yet but we know what's coming and it's barely more than what ps360 offer, and thus, content issues.. what's a game noted?

Probably the PS4, but certainly not the WiiU. Why so many people have voted for it is just strange.
But for what reason do I make such a claim? Look at Pikmin 3. Selling a ton of units....only doubled sales to under 40k. That is still really low. At that rate, no game will get the WiiU to shift a solid 120k+ a week for a few months.