By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Fish gets butthurt.. cancels FEZ II - Update: Leaves games industry

FTW

Team Beer 240 65.04%

Team Fish 126 34.15%

Total:366
Xen said:
Wright said:
Xen said:

Well said.

You missed World of Goo, Flower, the Unfinished Swan, and Terraria, btw

No love for Lone Survivor? :(

No love for something I hear of for the first time.

Around the Network

Blowfishbeer.

And now that the game has succesfully been canceled with a little help from outside, what are Mr. Fish's plans to make a living? Here's my suggestion: http://www.frackingjobs.co/alberta-oil-sands-jobs/

@poll: It's hot in Middle Europe, I vote Team Icecream instead of Teams I Scream.

Sideburns equip:
+ 10 ego
+ 5 sensitivity
- 20 intelligence

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

On neither Team because they're both in the wrong. I hope Fish understands how that Japanese man felt now after being called out.

Wright said:

Oh, you should totally see how journalism works in Spain!

Seeing how it has fallen here to the level of journalism in the UK, I'm quite afraid of what it might be like in Spain.  If it is worse.

I love reading good journalist's work.  As much as people hate Kotaku, they actually have some decent journalists with real credibility.  Then there is Luke, he's Australian. 

Around the Network

I'm a little confused to the whole story here, but I would say that previous comments from the Fez guy in particular make me apathetic to his whining even if all three guys can be annoying, which is also why I held off of buying Fez in the GOG and Steam summer sale, even if it was $5.

For those who missed IW, from 1:30:

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/roj70m/invisible-walls-everything-and-the-kitchen-sink

Jesus this is sad.. not just the game being cancelled but the whole situation in general.

JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:

It's not a good comment, it's nothing but a massive generalization.  Ten good releases over a generation?  An opinion, yeah, but one I completely and totally disagree with.  I wouldn't trade Torchlight, AudioSurf, World of Goo, Trine, Deponia, or Machinarium for most of the "AAA" titles out there.  I don't give a rat's ass how much it cost to make, I only care if it's good or not.

I was more so agreeing with his comments towards Phil.  But for Indie developers to suddenly act like this is childish.  Ive had a lot of fun with indie games this generation but FEZ and Braid are not ground breaking titles is what I am trying to say.  We have had better indie games and far more successful ones at that.  Yet they dont go around with some huge ego critisizing everybody.  

WHile both of them can be considered good or some of the best that doesnt mean they should go around acting like jerks either.

These two indie developers are making indie developers look bad in my opinion.  Espcecially when the majority is not that special in the first place.

Then he should only criticize those two people.  They hardly represent all small developers.  The very idea is ridiculous.  Mass generalization based on a few people is never an intelligent thing.

The major of indie developers aren't anything special?  True, but neither are the majority of large developers, either.  That fact does absolutely nothing to wipe out the ones who ARE special.  I'd feel like a fool if I wished the dozens of excellent indie developers would go away just because a couple of guys insulted Microsoft.

kupomogli said:
iceboy151 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
marcus beer is a fucking idiot too, he started the insults .

this industry is pathetic specialy the " gaming journalists ".

Man... You really need to get rid of that .gif. I can barely watch it, it just creeps me out and kind of makes me want to puke.

Seconded, or thirded, or however many people agreed.

God I love my "Adblock Plus: Block Image" function. ;)

I still wanna know where that's from.