By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trayvon Martin not an innocent kid! George Zimmerman not a racist!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Subie_Greg said:
I love reading the Zimmerman is a racist comments. Wasn't it Martin that could Zimmerman a cracker? Or is calling white people names not racist? Zimmerman isn't white anyway

Martin walked up to Zimmerman with the intention to beat him up. Plan went off without a hitch until Zimmerman pulled out the peace maker.

Would Martin have done what he did if he'd known about the gun... No of course not.

This wasn't the first time Martin did this to someone. It is the last time though

Why is Zimmerman following a person around with a peacemaker?

First of all having a "peacemaker" or not is irrelevant here. He was following TM due to TM looking suspicious to GZ at the time. In the non-emergency call GZ explains, "We have had burglaries recently." "This guy appears to be looking into house and walking like he is on drugs or something." It was raining and he didn't appear to care that he was getting wet. So he was following TM to report it to the operator that he was on the phone with. This is indisputable.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Why is Zimmerman following a person around with a peacemaker?

First of all having a "peacemaker" or not is irrelevant here. He was following TM due to TM looking suspicious to GZ at the time. In the non-emergency call GZ explains, "We have had burglaries recently." "This guy appears to be looking into house and walking like he is on drugs or something." It was raining and he didn't appear to care that he was getting wet. So he was following TM to report it to the operator that he was on the phone with. This is indisputable.

Read this:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-14/news/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-another-neighborhood-watch-leaders-view-beth-kassab-20120314_1_neighborhood-watch-police-officer-weapons

withdreday said:

I just didn't read the full article you dope. That's not misinformation. And I notice you didn't address any other part of the post. Nice Lawyer dodge, moron

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Though you are banned for being insulting I will still explain to you how you are wrong.

Well, you admit you didn't read the full article but yet made claims on the partial information.... that is exactly what misinformation is. Why should I address any other portion of your post when I have already proven that it is faulty. Lets work on getting correct information before we talk about anything else.

Max: read this as well about protocol for neighborhood watch-

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/28/neighborhood-watch-groups-examine-gun-use-after-zimmerman-case/

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Read this:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-14/news/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-another-neighborhood-watch-leaders-view-beth-kassab-20120314_1_neighborhood-watch-police-officer-weapons

What am I looking for? Because already in the first few sentances I can tell you it doesn't change anything. First of all its an opinion piece. Secondly he already has the facts wrong when he said "forget waiting for the cops and shoot" because that clearly isnt what happened.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Read this:

What am I looking for? Because already in the first few sentances I can tell you it doesn't change anything. First of all its an opinion piece. Secondly he already has the facts wrong when he said "forget waiting for the cops and shoot" because that clearly isnt what happened.

Theres one more article from a fireman and neighborhood watch veteran, before I respond.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Theres one more article from a fireman and neighborhood watch veteran, before I respond.

Reading that now but already that opinion piece doesn't say anything.

“People participating in neighborhood watch enjoy all the legal protections under the Constitution, as well as state and federal law,” said Novak. “That can include carrying a weapon.”

Jeffrey Dehan, a sergeant who advises neighborhood watch groups as part of his duties with the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office in Washington state, says it is not their role to offer guidance on whether members should carry a weapon.

“We don’t advocate ‘should or shouldn’t,’” he said.

Carmen Caldwell, the executive director of Citizens’ Crime Watch of Miami-Dade, in Florida, said that in the wake of the Zimmerman case, some trainers and others were considering new safeguards, which could include background checks on prospective members and teaching about racial profiling.

Basically, just because you are apart of neighborhood watch doesn't mean you have to forfeit your federal or state constitutional rights. Again, him having a gun was irrelevant and he wasn't even going on patrol when the event occurred. The reason the (http://www.usaonwatch.org/assets/publications/0_NW_Manual_1210.pdf) says to avoid carrying a weapon is because it needs to work under 50 different state laws and also has no legal bearing anyway

“People participating in neighborhood watch enjoy all the legal protections under the Constitution, as well as state and federal law,” said Novak. “That can include carrying a weapon.”

Jeffrey Dehan, a sergeant who advises neighborhood watch groups as part of his duties with the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office in Washington state, says it is not their role to offer guidance on whether members should carry a weapon.

“We don’t advocate ‘should or shouldn’t,’” he said.

Carmen Caldwell, the executive director of Citizens’ Crime Watch of Miami-Dade, in Florida, said that in the wake of the Zimmerman case, some trainers and others were considering new safeguards, which could include background checks on prospective members and teaching about racial profiling.

Basically, just because you are apart of neighborhood watch doesn't mean you have to forfeit your federal or state constitutional rights. Again, him having a gun was irrelevant and he wasn't even going on patrol when the event occurred. The reason the (http://www.usaonwatch.org/assets/publications/0_NW_Manual_1210.pdf) says to avoid carrying a weapon is because it needs to work under 50 different state laws and also has no legal bearing anyway

He might not have broken the law (especially in florida), but just like the fireman said in the second article, he should've heeded the dispatcher telling him it wouldn't be a good idea to follow Trayvon. The job of a neighborhood watchman is to be the eyes and ears of the neighborhood, not the hero. No ones saying he didn't have rights, but two people would be alive and one kid would've been investigated anyway for his "weird" behavior in the neighborhood. The other fireman said on his neighborhood watch job that he did the exact opposite of what Zimmerman did and the perp was actually breaking into his own car. The cops came into the area, the guy ran off and they chased him and finally caught him and the fireman then identified said suspect. This guy is an actual first responder professionally....and knew when the stay back because he's not a cop. He wanted to, but after listening to the dispatch, he realized it was right to let the cops do their job. That and as a neighbood watch for his own safety he's supposed to stay away but identify the person who and wait for the cops to do their jobs. He doesn't need to be seen by the criminal. He just needs to spot him.

nuckles87 said:

I find it hilarious that people who weren't their and didn't know either person personally want to make judgements.

This isn't a movie and you people aren't Judge Dredd. The jury got the full rundown on everything that happened, and the only reason why Zimmerman got off was because the prosecution reached too far. Had they gone for manslaughter, Zimmerman would have gotten 20-25 years due to Florida's "10-20-Life" policy. The jury said they would have convicted him of that. Frankly, I think that would have been enough justice for Martin. The real bad guy here is the NRA and the Florida government, and their "stand your ground" bullshit.

http://blogs.lawyers.com/2013/07/stand-your-ground-more-homicides/

Neither were saints, but NONE OF US ARE. Maybe Trayvon could have run away instead of fight. Maybe Zimmerman could have retreated instead of "stand his ground". Maybe they could have just talked. We don't know and we never will. That doesn't mean we get to make uneducated judgements about either person.

What are you talking about? SO MANY IGNORANT PEOPLE ON HERE!

He was cleared of Manslaughter as well. They tried to get him on both.