By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bring Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 to Wii U Square Enix

F0X said:
morenoingrato said:
F0X said:
I would rather have Dragon Quest exclusivity.

That did not pay off with the Wii.

I don't think you would say that if you compared Dragon Quest X with Final Fantasy XIV.

Then again, there is no comparison...

you talking sales or quality, because both didnt do to hot in sales department and neither in quality either to be frank (haven played DQ10 havent heard good things)

Around the Network
oniyide said:
F0X said:
morenoingrato said:
F0X said:

I don't think you would say that if you compared Dragon Quest X with Final Fantasy XIV.

you talking sales or quality, because both didnt do to hot in sales department and neither in quality either to be frank (haven played DQ10 havent heard good things)

Dragon Quest X sold well by MMO standards (not series standards, but most games in the series aren't MMOs obviously). 400K first week sales in Japan are nothing to scoff at. Dragon Quest X also recieved a 36/40 in Famitsu for what it's worth (I don't trust them). Not a 40/40 like DQX, but still good.

Final Fantasy XIV has a 49/100 on Metacritic and could hardly reach DQIX's numbers within a year of release. With all major territories combined.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
oniyide said:
F0X said:
morenoingrato said:
F0X said:

Dragon Quest X sold well by MMO standards (not series standards, but most games in the series aren't MMOs obviously). 400K first week sales in Japan are nothing to scoff at. Dragon Quest X also recieved a 36/40 in Famitsu for what it's worth (I don't trust them). Not a 40/40 like DQX, but still good.

Final Fantasy XIV has a 49/100 on Metacritic and could hardly reach DQIX's numbers within a year of release. With all major territories combined.

forgive if i dont scoff jsut a little, this is one of the biggest franchies MMO or not it should have done better IMHO. and the sales dropped off a cliff. Putting it next to FF14 doesnt make it look better because that game was a disaster, im pretty sure neither matches say your WoW if we're gonna judge it on MMOs you gotta judge it on MMOs, not that it matters, those are PC sales and we may never know how well they really do. but id b willing to bet that just one WoW expansion blows both out of the water.

oniyide said:
F0X said:
oniyide said:
F0X said:
morenoingrato said:
F0X said:

forgive if i dont scoff jsut a little, this is one of the biggest franchies MMO or not it should have done better IMHO. and the sales dropped off a cliff. Putting it next to FF14 doesnt make it look better because that game was a disaster, im pretty sure neither matches say your WoW if we're gonna judge it on MMOs you gotta judge it on MMOs, not that it matters, those are PC sales and we may never know how well they really do. but id b willing to bet that just one WoW expansion blows both out of the water.

How well does WoW do in Japan? And why do you use it as a measure of MMO success in general? I'm going by how well MMOs perform on average, and Dragon Quest X has done above-average considering it was released for only one region. But ultimately, my entire point was that on the Japanese side, it's better for Wii U to have Dragon Quest exclusivity than to have ports of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. No more, no less.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

no way why would you want to play ff15 on the wiiu? Look at the amount of detail in that game and it's gonna need a robust physics engine to deal with the main guy's teleportation powers. It'd be like the star wars unleashed games for wii were seriously gimped compared to the PS360 versions.

I doubt Square enix would put enough resources into the wiiu version to even be worth playing.

Around the Network
F0X said:
oniyide said:
F0X said:
oniyide said:
F0X said:
morenoingrato said:
F0X said:

How well does WoW do in Japan? And why do you use it as a measure of MMO success in general? I'm going by how well MMOs perform on average, and Dragon Quest X has done above-average considering it was released for only one region. But ultimately, my entire point was that on the Japanese side, it's better for Wii U to have Dragon Quest exclusivity than to have ports of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. No more, no less.

fair enough, still think it should have done better as a DQ game MMO or not, at least FF14 had the excuse of being crap. Or maybe they just dont really care about MMOs that much in Japan regardless of series.

pokeclaudel said:
no way why would you want to play ff15 on the wiiu? Look at the amount of detail in that game and it's gonna need a robust physics engine to deal with the main guy's teleportation powers. It'd be like the star wars unleashed games for wii were seriously gimped compared to the PS360 versions.

I doubt Square enix would put enough resources into the wiiu version to even be worth playing.

I see your point but Force Unleashed was not gimped, it wasnt even the same damn game. They might have to make the game from scratch, but then again they did have a PS3 version working, so who knows.

morenoingrato said:
F0X said:

the problem wasn't the exclusivity.

pokeclaudel said:

I can't believe how the human mind can lie to itself so much.

this is one of the few times ill back zero999, fact is they did have the game running on PS3 at some point, and if they never really did, then they are more screwed up than i thought. Unless they scrapped those assets completly or push the game to the point where it could no longer run on PS3 i doubt both cases, no reason it cant run on WIi U