By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB huge 1st week, Z&W sold out in Eur, NMH sold out in US - good or bad?

kingofwale said:
>Uh, the fact that they're sold out and noone can find a copy?

and you got it from where? Sometimes people will just have to face it, Sometimes good games DON'T SELL, Happened to Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, Happened to R&C on PS3 and now it's Nintendo's turn.

Face the bloody reality for once. Yes, I quote the Japanese number just so you can wake up to the real world.

nobody is disputing they are both great games, in fact, my cousin owns both and I've seen him play for coutless hours, helping him through puzzles in Z&W (sometimes we wanted to throw the controller at the tv because the puzzles are just too good and challenging). So if you want to use the "Oh, you probably don't own a Wii" excuse, you can just drop it.

Not one person is claiming these games would be blockbuster titles if they had enough supply. They are saying that demand was under-estimated for both titles and it is annoying. If there are 2 people who want to buy a game, and only one copy then it is supply constrained by definition. Reading comprehension is your friend. The games would have sold better the first week if they had actually been stocked properly. They wouldn't do millions, but they would do better. 

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>My Target didn't have it, and Target isn't exactly a no-name hole in the wall.

working at best buy, we have 23 copies of Z&W, there are only 2 games on Wii I recommend to customers, Galaxy and Z&W. we sold exactly 1 copy of Z&W the entire last week.

stories like this is hardly scientific, so I never bring it up to show a 'trend'.

Honestly, I've seen you flame the Wii a hell of a lot lately, and if your a Sony or Microsoft fanboy, you really don't have much room to talk.

However, if your just a Wii-hater, I got no problems with you. It's your job to marginalize the Wii's accomplishments, while emphasizing its faults. That's just what you do. Won't change anything, but it makes you feel good, so go with it. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

>I probably got it from it NOT BEING IN STOCK.

Show me an article stating it or just stop claiming so.

It's getting tired asking for proof and get back "because I said so" answers. *sighs*

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
you claim the poor sales (relatively to the quality of the game) ofno more heroes and Z&W was due to supply restrain/sold out

proof?

because frankly, I'm sick of the "Oh, it was because they didn't have any to sell"

No More Heroes sold 600 copies in Japan 2 weeks ago, I don't think it was because of any restrain at all

here is your proof in btw NMH is suda51 best selling game an japan and in America. ubisoft only shipped 50,000 copies in sold 40,000 an only a couple of days ubisoft underestimated the demand of the game.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=34409

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

good. but sales for Z&W and NMH could and should be higher.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>I probably got it from it NOT BEING IN STOCK.

Show me an article stating it or just stop claiming so.

It's getting tired asking for proof and get back "because I said so" answers. *sighs*

PROOF

no more heros sold out of copies. not sure about zack&wiki   http://gonintendo.com/?p=34409

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

@Sherlock99

THANK YOU, at least someone was willing to back things up with REAL sources.

I never been to ubsoft store, what is it like? And I'm sure other copies are shipped to retailers, right?

If it is indeed soldout, we will see a huge boost in sales at least once in its lifetime (over 30%), if that doesn't happen, then there isn't such thing as supply restrain.

I'm willing to wait for 2 months and see how it will fair.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Sherlock99 said:
kingofwale said:
you claim the poor sales (relatively to the quality of the game) ofno more heroes and Z&W was due to supply restrain/sold out

proof?

because frankly, I'm sick of the "Oh, it was because they didn't have any to sell"

No More Heroes sold 600 copies in Japan 2 weeks ago, I don't think it was because of any restrain at all

here is your proof in btw NMH is suda51 best selling game an japan and in America. ubisoft only shipped 50,000 copies in sold 40,000 an only a couple of days ubisoft underestimated the demand of the game.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=34409

Thank you - thats exactly my point, NMH best window is now until SSBB gets released in US then interest will drop off yet the publisher whose supposedly on Suda51's side has created an unnecessary ceiling for NMH us sales.

PROOF: I can't find a damn copy of NMH.

There's your irrefutable anecdotal evidence. :)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I can´t find a copy of Zack and Wiki, and No more heroes in my city.