By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U a failure in concept or execution?

So?

Concept 75 11.92%

Execution 199 31.64%

Both 187 29.73%

Neither 167 26.55%

Total:628
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
ibrahimman0 said:
WHAT !? For how expensive it is !!?? the thing is fucking 300$ only!

You're looking at it very limited. For what they are selling it is expensive for alot of people. What is it offering over the comp that is that much different and their prices are cheaper. I can buy a PS3 for 30 bucks less and that COMES with a GTA5 and a 500 gig HD. 300 bucks i get the WIi u basic and that gets me...8GB and nothing else. Now can you see how people would consider it expensive? Not to mention that the hardware itself is only a bit more powerful than consoles that have been on the market for years. The basic fairs a BIT better but its almost 100 bucks more than the PS3 i mentioned and it comes with 32GBs (wow) and...NintyLand, which is not GTA

Point is its not so much about price but about value, and people are not seeing the value of Wii u right now.

bolded 1: ps4 and xone are 400 and 500 and you get nothing else.

bolded 2: you'll insist on this lie untill you start believing in it, right?

did i mention PS4 or Xbox1? NO i didnt, if you're going to reply stick to what i said and actually refer to the console i mentioned, other wise you have nothing

Its a lie prove me wrong. Show me a game that has released on Wii U that looks MUCH better than what is on systems right now, show me a game released on Wii U that cant be dont on PS360/PC.

pikmin 3, mario 3d world, bayonetta 2, mario kart 8, sonic lost worlds, donkey kong tf...

and I think you meant only ps360, because PC is superior than ps4/xone.

I think those games look beautiful but ur exaggerating by saying they are much better looking than PS360 games. I do believe we will see games eeventually that put those consoles to shame.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

did i mention PS4 or Xbox1? NO i didnt, if you're going to reply stick to what i said and actually refer to the console i mentioned, other wise you have nothing

Its a lie prove me wrong. Show me a game that has released on Wii U that looks MUCH better than what is on systems right now, show me a game released on Wii U that cant be dont on PS360/PC.

pikmin 3, mario 3d world, bayonetta 2, mario kart 8, sonic lost worlds, donkey kong tf...

I think those games look beautiful but ur exaggerating by saying they are much better looking than PS360 games. I do believe we will see games eeventually that put those consoles to shame.

Those games certainly can't run on ps360 without downgrades, just like ps4/xone titles, and that's what he asked me to list.

oh, almost forgot. add X to that list.

We'll see.

AstroMaSSi rules

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
ibrahimman0 said:

You're looking at it very limited. For what they are selling it is expensive for alot of people. What is it offering over the comp that is that much different and their prices are cheaper. I can buy a PS3 for 30 bucks less and that COMES with a GTA5 and a 500 gig HD. 300 bucks i get the WIi u basic and that gets me...8GB and nothing else. Now can you see how people would consider it expensive? Not to mention that the hardware itself is only a bit more powerful than consoles that have been on the market for years. The basic fairs a BIT better but its almost 100 bucks more than the PS3 i mentioned and it comes with 32GBs (wow) and...NintyLand, which is not GTA

Point is its not so much about price but about value, and people are not seeing the value of Wii u right now.

all those games could run on PS360 especially DK, if you dont think they cant run a 2d plat then something is wrong with your eyes, hell Rayman looks better than that and is running on PS360 and even Vita.

Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

Those games certainly can't run on ps360 without downgrades, just like ps4/xone titles, and that's what he asked me to list.

thats NOT what i asked you, i said give me list of games released on Wii U NOW that CANT run on PS360, you gave me a bunch of games that havent even released yet and all of those could run on PS360. Here's an example of a game that can run on one system but not the other. Skyrim cant run on Wii, period.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

Well actually he said much better, meaning a significant leap. Even if those games cant run as is on PS360, they arent vastly superior

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It's just not a failure. It's way too soon to call it a failure. You can call the WiiU launch a failure, but not the U itself it's just way too soon.

Zero999 said:
teigaga said:
Both!

Execution: Horrible advertising, lack of effort in courting 3rd party titles when it mattered most (Q1/2 and GTA5)

Concept: Gamepad is too costly and not a strong enough gimmick. Alternatively they should have upped the Wii U's power so it was at least comparable to the PS4/X1 and just went for the premium price tag. $399.

oh god, why?

Why what?

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
ibrahimman0 said:

all those games could run on PS360 especially DK, if you dont think they cant run a 2d plat then something is wrong with your eyes, hell Rayman looks better than that and is running on PS360 and even Vita.

Rayman IS 2D, dk is not. and those games can run on ps360 just like ps4/xone games can also run on them, but not as they are. downgrades would be necessary. the simple fact that wii u achieves more demanding games in 720p/1080p and 60fps without even tapping it's full power already preves that since ps360 caps at 720p or lower and 30fps.

teigaga said:
Zero999 said:
teigaga said:
Both!

Execution: Horrible advertising, lack of effort in courting 3rd party titles when it mattered most (Q1/2 and GTA5)

Concept: Gamepad is too costly and not a strong enough gimmick. Alternatively they should have upped the Wii U's power so it was at least comparable to the PS4/X1 and just went for the premium price tag. $399.

oh god, why?

Why what?

the amount of lies hurt phisically.