By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What If Nintendo Sold Wii U For $250 w/o the Tablet?

Wii U - 32GB w/New Super Mario Bros. U bundled for $249.99 this holiday. Or heck maybe even $199.99 w/o a game bundled.

No tablet controller, bundled with a WM+ and a nunchaku.

Do you think it would help Wii U sales?

Would you be angry/upset? Or would you be happy as this could potientially drive Wii U sales to a wider audience at a lower price point? For those of you maybe interested in Mario 3D World or DKC: TF, would that get you to bite on the system?

Assuming you could still purchase the Wii U tablet seperately with say Nintendo Land bundled with it or something. And there would still be SKU with the tablet bundled.

Around the Network

But the Tablet controller is required for certain applications and to navigate the UI and OS.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

then whats the point of the console?

I think they'd rather resign than do this.

Don't you need the tablet to play certain games, like ZombiU.  I don't think they should do this.

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
But the Tablet controller is required for certain applications and to navigate the UI and OS.

Yes, though it doesn't seem like anything a firmware update couldn't fix (allowing control through a Wiimote pointer that is).

my Lord! U Pad IS the reason why Wii U exist. Nintendo WILL NEVER DROP IT. Deal with it!

Click HERE and be happy 

bananaking21 said:
then whats the point of the console?

To play games like New Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros. U, X, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, etc. I would assume.

...nope

Uhh.... the Tablet controller is needed to navigate the interface, and removing it would make most games unplayable.

No.

Just.

No.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)