By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What If Nintendo Sold Wii U For $250 w/o the Tablet?

Isn't the main selling point of the wii u the tablet controller? Then again, it looks like most games don't utilize it in very good way anyways so why not.

Around the Network

first of all, there is no tablet on wii u. second, what if people stopped asking this ridiculous question?

BloodyRain said:
Isn't the main selling point of the wii u the tablet controller? Then again, it looks like most games don't utilize it in very good way anyways so why not.

microsoft, sony and MS seem to need to learn this the hard way, the main selling point of any gaming console is... well... the games. Sony learnt it with the PS3. nintendo should have learnt it with the 3DS, but now they are going through the EXACT same thing with the WiiU. and microsoft learnt it with their X1 reveal

Soundwave said:
zorg1000 said:
I think the gamepad is neat, I like it alot

I like it a lot as well personally.

But I also get that there are a lot of people who are not buying the system either. Maybe a $199-$250 SKU gets some people to jump in and at least gets them buying some Wii U software (hopefully).

Well that price is very likely this holiday anyway. I wouldnt be surpirsed to see some nice deals on black friday like

Basic-$199

Deluxe w/extra game-$299

Also next spring when I assume it will get a price cut, it should be that price

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Just no, Nintendo sacrificed WiiUs power in order to have this tablet, without it, the console becomes much less attractive to buy.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
BloodyRain said:

microsoft, sony and MS seem to need to learn this the hard way, the main selling point of any gaming console is... well... the games. Sony learnt it with the PS3. nintendo should have learnt it with the 3DS, but now they are going through the EXACT same thing with the WiiU. and microsoft learnt it with their X1 reveal

Xbox one and ps4 have the whole specs thing going for them along with the games. The wii u doesn't have that luxury so it needs something else to make up for it and the games will come eventually. Nintendo tried to mimic the lightning in the bottle situation with the wii u from the wii era which obviously didn't work this time around.

bananaking21 said:
then whats the point of the console?

Nintendo first party like everyone says it is already

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Trouble isn't all the software that works with the Pad; most of it could run without it. Trouble is you'd complicate things for people buying in now, as well as likely having to force updates or compatibility troubles onto older software.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

KylieDog said:
In UK it is selling for what would be that price at several retailers AND it includes the WiiU pad. Isn't helping sales a great deal.

This makes me believe people arent buying it becauae of the huge drought, price/gamepad might be a factor but there not major.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

What if people stopped posting this ill conceived topic every other week? Seriously, I know there is a post E3 lull when it comes to gaming news but really?