By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I just watched the Man of Steel. I have no idea why reviews are so mediocre.

LOL reading movie reviews to decide which movie to watch.

Most of my favorite movies have low reviews. Most of the best reviewed movies are a snooze-fest.

Around the Network

Stupid movie critics, the movie was perfect.

edit: was not 100 % accurate to the comic, but the comic version is not realistic.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

VGKing said:
LOL reading movie reviews to decide which movie to watch.

Most of my favorite movies have low reviews. Most of the best reviewed movies are a snooze-fest.

Give us some examples.

And as you can see if you read the posts you will see that most of us have seen the movie and put down the reasons why it is mediocre.

"edit: was not 100 % accurate to the comic, but the comic version is not realistic."

Do not tell me you're speaking about Superman fooling everyone with a pair of glass ? ahaha comics.

Dammmit, a lot of people didn't enjoy the movie. But still, 56% on RT is an insanely low average. I think even the site's editor was shocked.

I actually thought it was one of those cases where critics are just being "trolls" and giving bad reviews to a movie everybody likes. But still, general audience reception seems to be pretty good nevertheless.

DucksUnlimited said:
artur-fernand said:

So, I heard a lot of people on the internet complaining how Man of Steel has a serious pacing problem, and Zack Snyder's directing is average. Hell, it has a pretty disappointing average score on Rotten Tomatoes/Metacritic.

What I just saw was one of the best super-hero movies I ever watched. I honestly saw no pacing problem, actually I thought they handled Clark's childhood and stuff really well. And the action scenes are TOP. NOTCH.

But then again, I think I'm not picky when watching movies, and don't try to look for flaws or plot holes and stuff. I REALLY enjoyed Iron Man 3 and Law Abiding Citizen for example. Judge me.

Did that movie review poorly? I thought it was fantastic.

It has like 26% in Rotten Tomatoes. I was very surprised when I saw that.

Around the Network

What we expected was a Superman Movie. What we got is a hero who tries to never kill, killing and ruining the franchise from here on out. If he is just going to kill anyone he doesn't agree with or doesn't want to hurt someone that wont leave much room for anything else to come later on if he follows the same path.

Whats sad is how some people love the movie simply because it has action, while having little to no story, no chemistry between Louis and Clark, a complete disregard for the character.
Lets forget how the character and story were butchered and just focus on the pretty effects.
Yes at first I was just happy we got a decent Superman movie but after thinking about it more we really didn't. What we got was a Superman that resorts to killing if only a few people are threatened. Whats he going to do when Lex Luther threatens the world? Just simply kill him like he did Zod in the first one.
Worst part of the whole movie is when he cant stop Zod from moving his head but manages to move it hard enough in the opposite direction to completely break it. If he could move his neck enough to break it he could have moved his line of sight away from those people and never resorted to killing.

ListerOfSmeg said:
What we expected was a Superman Movie. What we got is a hero who tries to never kill, killing and ruining the franchise from here on out. If he is just going to kill anyone he doesn't agree with or doesn't want to hurt someone that wont leave much room for anything else to come later on if he follows the same path.

Whats sad is how some people love the movie simply because it has action, while having little to no story, no chemistry between Louis and Clark, a complete disregard for the character.
Lets forget how the character and story were butchered and just focus on the pretty effects.
Yes at first I was just happy we got a decent Superman movie but after thinking about it more we really didn't. What we got was a Superman that resorts to killing if only a few people are threatened. Whats he going to do when Lex Luther threatens the world? Just simply kill him like he did Zod in the first one.
Worst part of the whole movie is when he cant stop Zod from moving his head but manages to move it hard enough in the opposite direction to completely break it. If he could move his neck enough to break it he could have moved his line of sight away from those people and never resorted to killing.

or covered his eyes with his hand :P.. i mean heat vision cannot harm him right 

What was he going to do? Pin Zod down on the ground until one of them die of starvation? Zod was right - it's a fight to the death. There are no magic Kryptonian chambers capable of stripping his powers in this movie. Keeping him alive would only continue to put people in danger.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

wait, people actually liked Iron Man 3?

I went in with no expectations and I would have to say it was average at best. Some of the posts already cover the flaws I found in the movie as well. It just wasn't a good superhero movie. It was a decent action-type movie, but it was not a good superhero movie.