By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Godzilla 2014: Sequel to Destroy All Monsters possible says Gareth Edwards!

Would you like to see an American Destroy All Monsters Sequel?

Yes 2 66.67%

Depends if this movie is good 1 33.33%

Hell No 0 0%

Total:3
curl-6 said:
Zappykins said:

CGI Godzilla can work!  Just look at here:

Go to 1:50 if you just want to see Godzilla, but it's only 2 minutes, I recomend watching the whole thing.

Seen it, and yes, Godzilla can work as  CGI. Never said he couldn't. He just doesn't work as an iguana.

I hope they don't do CGI

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
curl-6 said:
Zappykins said:

Go to 1:50 if you just want to see Godzilla, but it's only 2 minutes, I recomend watching the whole thing.

Seen it, and yes, Godzilla can work as  CGI. Never said he couldn't. He just doesn't work as an iguana.

I hope they don't do CGI

Can't please everyone; damned if they do, damned if they don't XD

superchunk said:
My problem with this version... it looks fake.

We're way too modern to have a fake Godzilla. At least the 1998 movie looked realistic even if the movie itself was sub-par.

I'll still watch it of course, but it may be a redbox movie vs theater if it does look too "classic" and fake.

There never has (to our knowledge) ever actually been anything in existence like a Godzilla. An actual Godzilla. Thus saying it looks "fake", as in "that couldn't possibly be real", is rather pointless. Also, going into someting like Godzilla saying "I need it to look real", also rather pointless.

To me, most CGI creations look rather fake. It really depends, but while CGI can be super useful, and is certainly more versatile/convenient, in almost every situation where it can be applied, real, practical effects almost always look/work better.

The question is, IF this new American film were in fact a traditional Kaiju film, with guys in suits, even if they were super well done modern technology suits, and even if they had CGI effects to supplement the action, would you still think it looked "too fake"? I'm just curious.

I'm not a huge fan of what little I've seen of this design for "Godzilla". To me the head looks far too reptilian, and the arms are far too small. This isn't supposed to be a dinosaur. It's Godzilla. Whatever silly background various Toho films have tried to give him over the years, the only thing that matters is that Godzilla is Godzilla. He's a unique entity. That's how I've always viewed him. So he shouldn't look like anything else BUT Godzilla.

I'll go see this new film. But like I said before, I'm not going to hold my breath hoping it's actually good. IF it is, I'll be pleasantly suprrised. If not........well that really sucks, and where is my actual new G film, Toho?

Zappykins said:
curl-6 said:

Godzilla's not a lizard. And we don't know yet if it's a suit.

I personally really didn't think that CGI Godzilla looked very good. Better than the 98 film, sure, but that's like saying anything's better than eating at AM/PM. I would not want a Toho-made film to use a CGI Godzilla.