By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pikmin 3 Thread-Questions, Thoughts and Opinions inside! Did you pick it up?

Conegamer said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
So who else going to the Pikmin 3 event tomorrow!? ^_^

Is this the GameStop thing?if it is you'll have to tell us about it!

It was awesomes! Best part was that Mario & Luigi: Dream Team was also playable. What a sweet surprise! ^_^

I'll hopefully have written up a more in-depth report by next morning, but no promises!

Around the Network

only a couple of days more ont I vill have it in my hants!!

YAY!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I expect we will see more reviews in the next couple of days. Stay tuned!

Also, we are less than a week away now, and...this will actually be my first Pikmin game...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

EDGE Review is up!

http://www.edge-online.com/review/pikmin-3-review/

"Familiarity is both the worst and best thing about Pikmin 3. Twelve years after the original and nine after the sequel, little has changed – but little really needed to. It may not sell systems on its own, but it’s a fine addition to a sparse software library that brings one of Nintendo’s most vibrantly characterful series into the HD era and, critically, makes convincing use of the GamePad. And that, pending the arrival of a true system seller, is what Wii U needs most of all."

8/10

Pretty good review. Only complaint is that it's more of the same, and is that really a problem after 9 years?

Conegamer said:
EDGE Review is up!

"Familiarity is both the worst and best thing about Pikmin 3. Twelve years after the original and nine after the sequel, little has changed – but little really needed to. It may not sell systems on its own, but it’s a fine addition to a sparse software library that brings one of Nintendo’s most vibrantly characterful series into the HD era and, critically, makes convincing use of the GamePad. And that, pending the arrival of a true system seller, is what Wii U needs most of all."

8/10

Pretty good review. Only complaint is that it's more of the same, and is that really a problem after 9 years?

8/10 from EDGE? Masterpiece confirmed.

Around the Network
KHlover said:
Conegamer said:
EDGE Review is up!

8/10

8/10 from EDGE? Masterpiece confirmed.

Well, it's rare to get such a score from EDGE. I think it's the highest Wii U score thus far.

*Gasp* "That game's a sequel! Must instantly lower score!" = How reviewers think.

spurgeonryan said:
Oh..My...God...You and your game threads. One question. Is there online in this game?

Glad the reviews have been good. Especially with Edge. They are hit or miss with Nintendo is seems.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. This is a gaming site, after all!

No online, only leaderboards. 

The game has gotten some more reviews and currently has 88 in meta.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/pikmin-3

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

I was just playing Pikmin 2....and I would kill for the improvements of 3 !
-just pressing A to pluck out all Pikmin
-use the Gamepad to send your Captain to a specific spot
-having more than 2 Captains

Damn ! Pikmin 2+ HD in 2014 ???