Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

And they still make profit every quarter xD

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
kinisking said:

Well they have some extremely profitable divisions and have lots of cash. More than $80bn in cash and short term investments! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

$2 billion for Mojang? I don't understand the point, Minecraft is on the decline, and Mojang's other projects aren't all that impressive. Besides, didn't Microsoft make Project Spark so they'd have their own world builder? Buying Mojang just seems counter-intuitive.

For that same $2 billion Microsoft could buy enough Japanese exclusives to finally break into the Japanese market. Or they could open several AAA 1st party studios and fund the first game at each studio. Or as somebody else pointed out, they could probably buy another publisher, such as Take-Two, and get all of their IP's exclusively on Xbox.

If this actually happens, just go ahead and put me out of my misery, lol.

MoHasanie said:
kinisking said:

Well they have some extremely profitable divisions and have lots of cash. More than $80bn in cash and short term investments! 

I thought it was 500b and Apple was 600b

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I just don't get it. Minecraft is already on Playstation, so it's not like it would have any effect at all as an Xbox exclusive. They couldn't just shut down the Playstation Minecraft servers after buying them without large amounts of public backlash, something Microsoft needs to avoid. The last thing Xbox needs is more negative word of mouth.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
I just don't get it. Minecraft is already on Playstation, so it's not like it would have any effect at all as an Xbox exclusive. They couldn't just shut down the Playstation Minecraft servers after buying them without large amounts of public backlash, something Microsoft needs to avoid. The last thing Xbox needs is more negative word of mouth.

Why shut them down, when MSFT can make money off playstation.

2 billion for Mojang is insane

kinisking said:
MoHasanie said:
kinisking said:

I think that their overall value market + book value (I stand corrected)

Edit: we need our resident financial guru in here

Maybe MS likes being the laughing stock of the gaming community? That's why they're willing to plop down 2 billion for a one game dev. So many option they could go with 2 billion and they choose Mojang....... idiots.

Krusnik said:
kinisking said:
MoHasanie said:

I think that their overall value market + book value (I stand corrected)

Edit: we need our resident financial guru in here

Microsoft's market cap is $385.21bn. Apple's is now $586.9bn. That's how much each is worth but I'm talking about the amount of cash they have available. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54