By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Well that sucks then. Was really hoping it would be finished soon as im excited for it. Could try to get Futatsagi's studio to work on it though

Around the Network

That sucks but I can't really imagine how their version shall be so awesome but they got a phone call of someone who has no idea about the game to tell them that it's done. Sounds weird.

"Hey Mr. X here, just want to tell you that the project I don't know anything about is done. Oh btw, I have a very high position in my department and have still no idea about the projects of my company"

That leak sounds as from someone who doesn't maybe want to accept that he and his team could be the reason why this version want see the day of light. But who knows, maybe we will learn more about it. 

On the bright side, the ground work is already done for Phantom Dust. I do think it is very likely that somebody will be picking up where they left off.

Microsoft let Twisted Pixel release Lococycle.
If they ax your project, it's because it must've been bad; I mean BAD.

shikamaru317 said:
crissindahouse said:

I believe when Tomb Raider released on PC it was around 30% less performance with TressFX on very strong cards and around 50% on the cards with less power. No idea if they have improved it a lot since then but now it would be Lara and a bear with TressFX, I can imagine that this has to be very power consuming. 

Wow, 30-50%? That's a big hit in performance. I remember when Definitive Edition released though they said that they had tweaked TressFX and made it more efficient since the PC release. Hopefully TressFX 3.0 will be even more efficient than 2.0. I know AMD is showing TressFX 3.0 in a Deus Ex Universe demo at GDC next month, I hope that Crystal switches over to 3.0 before RotTR releases. 

Yeah no idea how it is now, that is already two years ago but it sounds logical that it needs some power, it's after all not only many hairs but also them reacting to movement and wind. 

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

LOL srsly though, Lococycle was a launch title wasn't it? They probably would have released it no matter how bad it turned out. Still excited to see TP's new game, aside from Lococycle their games have been good.

shikamaru317 said:
Goatseye said:

That's what I'm thinking as well. The project must not have been going well at all. Or maybe MS wants to find a Japanese developer so the game will sell better in Japan? Who knows. 

I hope not, MSFT has done plenty to try to win the support of Japan. I'm sure an angry former employee will tell us their side of what happened.

Probably my favourite of the screens shown. Already this game is looking an awful lot more interesting than the original, and this is coming from someone who loved that game.

I hope Lara has something more to her personality this time. I dunno what it is, she was good but she was all over the place as well (breaking down killing someone then being perfectly fine the next time, say). Still a very likable protagonist though, that's being rather nitpicky. Would like to see a little more "oomph" though this time.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

shikamaru317 said:
JayWood2010 said:

I get the feeling they're busy with another project for MS, maybe the Crimson Dragon sequel that Futatsugi wanted to make. Not sure who's going to end up developing it now.  

Well i know Futatsugi wants to work on Phantom Dust 2 so id assume he will work on that after Phantom Dust is finished.  I guess we will just have to wait until they show some more on Phantom Dust to see who they choose as the developer.  I still think it will be released 2016.  I know Kenn Lobb's team has been working on it and im sure the foundation has probably already been laid.   So id say a big part of the work is likely already finished.  Very similar to Double Helix to Iron Galaxy which is also led by Kenn Lobb's team

iceland said:
Goatseye said:

LOL srsly though, Lococycle was a launch title wasn't it? They probably would have released it no matter how bad it turned out. Still excited to see TP's new game, aside from Lococycle their games have been good.

Lococycle was a waste of resource and TP time to remaster Conker.