By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Farewell VGC! (It's been a great 4 years)

Much respect for your reason for leaving ColdFlipper. As much as I do enjoy this website, the nature of it being a sales site dedicated to hard numbers can make the "competition" and politics the forefront of conversation and debate. In the end, I'm just here to talk about awesome games with cool users. I consider myself a lucky guy to know quite a few people here wanting the same thing.

Good luck on the rest of your endeavors, and continue to have fun and enjoy what you love most!

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
If you are indeed Sound of Rain, you should at least stick around another month for Pikmin 3.

Last time I checked, yes, I am indeed SOR. I remember always bringing up Pikmin so much that it was probably annoying...

The sad part is, I've changed a lot in the last 2 years and esspecially in the last 4 months or so. I've grown as a person and feel more humble and notice the little things in life. It came out of nowhere. Why's that sad? I no longer am willing to buy a system for Pikmin 3 :( Never would've expected that a few months / years ago.

Kresnik said:
You're on my friends list which means you must be an excellent person.

I didn't realise you were Sound of Rain either!

Take care, mate.

Yes, I requested you because you're a good person. I don't think anyone knew I was SOR!

Cobretti2 said:

wow i feel the same way. Been reflecting myself about gaming in general and it just isn't as exciting as it use to be.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that this site is great and entertaining but it comes at a price.

NintendoPie said:
I would've never made the connection that you were *Sound of Rain. That's quite the surprise, really. (This reminds me of the time I thought HappyDolphin was a completely new member but he ended up being Padib.)

Best of luck to you, Green Penguin/*Sound of Rain/Cold-Flipper. I hope you start enjoying entertainment more that you'll have that surprise factor. When you get caught up in VGC, gaming sometimes takes the back seat.

Also, thanks for putting me in your favorite members list. No that it should've been a surprise...

Back when I switched from "Green Penguin" to SOR, I told everybody. When I switched to CF, I only told a few select people. (Site owner) I was curious to see if anyone would recognize me by the way I posted but no one made the connection I guess.

Your welcome my young friend :) (Although a rumor going around says you're 50 or something...)

Smeags said:
Much respect for your reason for leaving ColdFlipper. As much as I do enjoy this website, the nature of it being a sales site dedicated to hard numbers can make the "competition" and politics the forefront of conversation and debate. In the end, I'm just here to talk about awesome games with cool users. I consider myself a lucky guy to know quite a few people here wanting the same thing.

Good luck on the rest of your endeavors, and continue to have fun and enjoy what you love most!

Yeah, this website can be great fun and I really enjoyed the discussions I've had on here. After 4 years though, I'm done for now. It takes away a lot of time that should be dedicated elsewhere IMO.

Thank you and see you around eventually. (Plus, I have another countdown thread so I'll still be here throughout the day)

Smeags said:
. In the end, I'm just here to talk about awesome games with cool users.

All the cool ones are leaving!! and in the end we only will have eachother.. <3

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Cold-Flipper said:
NintendoPie said:
I would've never made the connection that you were *Sound of Rain. That's quite the surprise, really. (This reminds me of the time I thought HappyDolphin was a completely new member but he ended up being Padib.)

Best of luck to you, Green Penguin/*Sound of Rain/Cold-Flipper. I hope you start enjoying entertainment more that you'll have that surprise factor. When you get caught up in VGC, gaming sometimes takes the back seat.

Also, thanks for putting me in your favorite members list. No that it should've been a surprise...

Back when I switched from "Green Penguin" to SOR, I told everybody. When I switched to CF, I only told a few select people. (Site owner) I was curious to see if anyone would recognize me by the way I posted but no one made the connection I guess.

Your welcome my young friend :) (Although a rumor going around says you're 50 or something...)

That rumor has been going on since I joined.

I'm 51, now.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

All the cool ones are leaving!! and in the end we only will have eachother.. <3

I don't think I was ever a "cool one" (though I feel I came closest with Cold-Flipper) but I agree. The site still has some nice people but a few years ago, this place had way more friendly, good people.

NintendoPie said:

I'm 51, now.

Happy birthday!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164917

Above is my countdown thread where I will countdown my favorite systems, games, and members throughout today!

Two words:

*SOR > CF

Just kidding bro, it was good to have you here and you'll be missed, just like everyone else that's left.

Cold-Flipper said:

NintendoPie said:

I'm 51, now.

Happy birthday!

It's not been my Birthday yet. That's next month, and you'll miss it...!

NintendoPie said:

It's not been my Birthday yet. That's next month, and you'll miss it...!

Do you mind telling me which day? I'll comeback here on that day just to say hi just for you!