By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Farewell VGC! (It's been a great 4 years)

BasilZero said:
+1 to all what you said!

Also thanks for the shoutout!

But dont leave forever D:

Feel free to come back and keep in touch - chat with a few people here and there! You are always welcome here :)

I've been on this site for what seems like forever! I will definitely make sure to check in now and again. Who knows, maybe I'll officially come back and make a grand return one day!

enditall727 said:

What sites do you use to keep up with music sales and movies??

Movie: I would just obsess over review scores. Not by the critiques but the people. I would go on "Rotten Tomatoes" and instead of just seeing if it got a decent score and read a handful of reviews, I would read tons of them. By the time I'd go see the movie, I would know a good chunk of the story and such. Makes it less exciting. 

It's the same thing for games. Reading about them and discussing them here makes it all the less exciting when playing a game. I feel very Un-surprised by everything. For example, when I was a kid, I remember going to GameStop and seeing that "Paper Mario" was going to be released on the GC in a few weeks. It was very exciting because I didn't know months / years ahead of time. I knew nothing about it and bought it. 

Music: I go on Billboard to see which song is #1 in the U.S each week. I also go to "Mediatraffic" to see the WW rankings based off sales and radio play. Lastly, I use a site called "Kworb" which shows you the airplay AI in the U.S and is updated everyday. It's a great tool if you're interested in charts and such.

Around the Network

I remember when you were sound of rain.

It's sad to see another long time member leave but you have to do whatever you think is best.

All the best for the future and enjoy your gaming!!

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

JayWood2010 said:
Have a good one Cold-Flipper. Even though I don't believe ive ever talked to you on here Ive noticed your posts and you are a good member. Wherever life takes you good luck and live well! :)

Thank you. I don't remember having a conversation with you either but you are also a great poster on he site. Good luck with your life as well buddy!

axumblade said:

Aw. :( I didn't realize you were Sound of Rain. :( 

I fixed your OP for you. Good luck on your future endeavors and thank you for the mention in the OP. I :)

Yup, I switched because I wanted a fresh start and thought it would make things interesting again. It sadly only lasted a few months. 

Thank you for fixing my post! Good luck to you too. 

I think we should make a new policy.. everytime a member leaves and makes a thread about it we shouldn't be nice to them and just say:

Yeah! Good to see you go! I won't miss you! F*ck off!

that way people won't make these threads anymore and it will hurt a little less inside cause we just wouldn't know you left...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I do remember your *Sound of Rain account! I hope you do have more fun with your video games after you leave but don't hesitate to come back here if you feel like it!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
I'm surprised to see myself in this list.
Good luck in the real world.
heuheuheu

Why so surprised? You're a standout non-friend on the site. By that I mean, we didn't talk much but I did notice your posts and you made a good impression!

Otakumegane said:
Good luck man. Hopefully I win that LTD bet.

Seriously though, good luck. You will be missed.

I forget our bet, are you the one I bet Animal Crossing with right before SOR left? If so, I'm totally gonna win!

Anyway, good luck to you as well.

zorg1000 said:
Im honored to be mentioned in that list, sad to see u go, ur one of my favorite posters on here and we seemed to agree on alot of things.

Yeah, you and I did see eye to eye on just about everything somehow. You will keep my small legecy alive!

I've decided to make a countdown of video games, systems, and forum members throughout the day! I figured it'd be a fun way to go out, HA!

BasilZero said:
Cold-Flipper said:

It cut off a big chunk of my post :(

HA! I'm not surprised a bit!

Here you go buddy - I fixed up your post.

I never posted much back then but I was here :) I've decided to go because

I now find that Video games, music, movies, & life in general is way more exciting when you have limited information

and just go with the flow. I have come to realize that I had a lot more fun with games before I found VGC.

I go on the Internet a lot these days and while it's a wonderful thing, it distracts me from what really matters...having fun!

I also look up music sales and charts and stuff along with movies on other sites.

It gives the the impression that I care too much about others opinions when in reality when it comes to having fun

, only my opinion matters. 

hear f__n hear.  during the whole xboxone debate that's exactly what i said.  others are trying to dictate what people want to spend their own money on.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Cya mate! May you find happiness in all your future endeavors! ^_^

Looks like I scared him off the site hehe.

Never change dolphin...I want to apologize to you. While I still find you to be a bit too opinionated and arrogant, I don't know you in real life. I can't judge you so I'm sorry.

spurgeonryan said:
I was on this site in 2008?

Well take care, I also do not do anything in real life anymore. I should leave soon as well, but it would only be temporary.

No, it says you joined in 2009 :) I honestly don't remember talking to you much until I became "Cold-Flipper" which is odd since we're both older members. I don't know how you feel but if you're in the same situation as me, I'd leave. I will likely comeback too someday.

wick said:
I remember when you were sound of rain.

It's sad to see another long time member leave but you have to do whatever you think is best.

All the best for the future and enjoy your gaming!!

You're another one that I don't remember from being SOR. I started noticing you more recently. Anyway, good luck and enjoy your life!

Cold-Flipper said:

You're another one that I don't remember from being SOR. I started noticing you more recently. Anyway, good luck and enjoy your life!

Yeah I was more of a lurker back then. I remember Amp316 making fun of me because it took like a year for me to reach 100 posts haha

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron