By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nobody excited about "The Crew"?

Just didn't catch my attention at all, hell I almost forgot it existed until now.

Around the Network

Not feeling it either what the point of having real cars when you can customize them to the point where they look generic and ugly.  Who in the real world would put a big spare tire on the trunk of their car.  It looks like the trafic cars will be generic vehicles if you have real cars in the game then all the trafic vehicles need to be made up of real cars also.  

Chris Hu said:

Not feeling it either what the point of having real cars when you can customize them to the point where they look generic and ugly.  Who in the real world would put a big spare tire on the trunk of their car.  It looks like the trafic cars will be generic vehicles if you have real cars in the game then all the trafic vehicles need to be made up of real cars also.

That's the point... it is not a driving sim... it's an acarde MMO.

You played Burnout? Add now MMO features to it... the concepct and what we saw is AMAZING... if everything goes right it will be better than any other racing game showed for Arcade fans (not real life sims of couse).

I like both... sims and Acardes... I loved GT5 series and loved Burnout Paradise for example.

I'm sure I saw an interview where they said it had offline play as well as online.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
I'm sure I saw an interview where they said it had offline play as well as online.

Yeah I double checked there is offline it says so on Wikepedia but its very short you can beat the campaign in about 20 hours that is shorter then Forza Horizon.  Also it not like the game has one giant map its broken down into four seperate areas.  One giant map would have been better.

Around the Network

op not everyone has to share your viewpoint if people aren't excited about it they aren't excited about it

"hell Drive Club is exclusive so we'll all just pretend that's huge until proven otherwise......"

and what's your point here?

that no one is legitimately excited about drive club outside its exclusivity?

the reason i'm not excited is that i like racing true to life cars

Chris Hu said:
Ajescent said:

Yeah I double checked there is offline it says so on Wikepedia but its very short you can beat the campaign in about 20 hours that is shorter then Forza Horizon.  Also it not like the game has one giant map its broken down into four seperate areas.  One giant map would have been better.

As it's the start of the gen, I'll give them the BoD but Crew 2 will probably have 1 map

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It just doesn't look apealing to me the customization is too over the top.  Also I want one giant map not four separate maps the next arcade racer that will actually spark my interest is Forza Horizon 2.  Playground Games delivered on the first one and I know they can make a good game again.  The people that are making "The Crew" don't have a track record plus the majority of the team comes from former Eden Games employees and none of the games they made before every sparked my interest either.

Okay if the second one has one giant map and they tone done the customazion so that cars don't end up looking ugly and generic I might give it a try but I pass on the first one.  Also the single player campaign has to be a lot longer then 20 hours at a minium it has to be double that time.

Looks like next gen's Burnout Paradise so I'll get it eventually. The only thing particularly impressive is the map but we've seen plenty of massive maps this gen, and there's a ton of racers coming out, so it's understandable that this isn't getting much attention.