By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Earthbound is now available on the Wii U in the West! Who is picking it up?

Haven't played it before, but since I've heard nothing but good things over the years, and I do enjoy jrpg's, I will get it tonight.

Around the Network

I'm on the fence about this one. I'm scared I'll be disappointed and it'll become a chore to see this game to the end like Secret of Mana and Phantasy Star 2 was for me. I'm going to wait until I hear some feedback from those who've never played the game, therefore aren't overhyping it and bestowing endless praise. I'm just not convinced I can stick with that battle system for 15-20 hours.

BasilZero said:
Bong Lover said:

It's worth it, but the price is too high? A contradiction in my mind. Are you advocating some sort of system where people and businesses sell their merchendise for less than market value to do you a solid?

I suggest you apply this simple formula:

Do I want to buy this product?

If no, do not buy the product.

If yes, check the price.

Do I still want to buy the product?

If no, do not buy the product.

If yes, buy the product.

*Please take careful note that at no point in this approach is it recommended to go on to VGChartz.com and bitch about the price of the product.

You are welcome.

Calm down fella~ What are you a Nintendo rep? l0l

I already have the product when I bought my second SNES in 2001.

I said its worth it for those who havent played the game which is why I recommended it. You act like I'm one of those who ask for a petition or to boycott games lmao.

It is still OK for a person to see something expensive but still worth buying (i.e. Final Fantasy VII on Steam but alas I'm gonna wait) - its called having a opinion. I didnt know having a opinion was against the rules although what you said in your post is against the rules.

Yes, you are well within your rights, I don't see where I implied that I think you should be banned or that you are violating any legislation. My post was simply a simple suggested guideline for how to deal with sticker shock.

Of course, the true intent behind the post was to deliver a veild message to you and others of the same ilk that I personally find it laughable to complain about the price of any product in general, and even more so when we are talking about a $10 product. As you so ably pointed out, I am also well within my rights to hold that opinion.

I've heard too many great things about this game that I never owned on SNES. I'll be getting it tomorrow. $10 tho... daaaaaamn.

BasilZero said:
superchunk said:
I've heard too many great things about this game that I never owned on SNES. I'll be getting it tomorrow. $10 tho... daaaaaamn.

It really is worth it - have you played Dragon Quest? It is kinda similar in terms of the aspect of battle but the setting imo is better and so is the music!

Yeah, I had "Dragon Warrior" 1 and 2 on NES. Didn't really get any rpgs on SNES.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Bong Lover said:

Yes, you are well within your rights, I don't see where I implied that I think you should be banned or that you are violating any legislation. My post was simply a simple suggested guideline for how to deal with sticker shock.

Of course, the true intent behind the post was to deliver a veild message to you and others of the same ilk that I personally find it laughable to complain about the price of any product in general, and even more so when we are talking about a $10 product. As you so ably pointed out, I am also well within my rights to hold that opinion.

No you didnt say anything about me being banned but you did use vulgar language and associated with what I posted as my opinion - that I'm sure is against the rules :).

I just said an opinion about the price which I have every right to do so and you have every right to disagree with me on it - that is fine. But to associate me with "bitching" (which I'm sure is against the rules to even say someone is doing that) is the same as associating me with people who boycott EA games or make petitions for a certain release which is far more laughable than complaining about a price of a game.

I see where the disconnect has occured. I am posting from a language zone where bitching is not considered to be vulgar (at least not to any meaningful extent considering the language that is daily allowed on the site). Anyhow, feel free to replace the vulgar word with any of the following that should be free of any vulgarity:

-crying like a little baby

-whining like a girl

-bellyache like a little child

That should remove all traces of vulgarity and leave only the intended offensive meaning.

Finally, I am afraid I don't understand your reference to EA boycotts and the other behaviors at the end of your post. Are the connections central to your argument or can I disregard them moving forward?

-

-

This post has been moderated by axumblade

FUCK YEAH, after 18 years, i can finally play this gem again

I will download it in a while.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

Weren't you excited to spend $40 on Assassin's Creed 3? Your judgment of quality is questionable.

This is just too funny!

e=mc^2

BasilZero said:
superchunk said:

It really is worth it - have you played Dragon Quest? It is kinda similar in terms of the aspect of battle but the setting imo is better and so is the music!

I kinda feel it a bit too high as well. But it's just me. I don't like that some PSOne classics are $10 either, they should all be $6 :P

Anyway, I've never played this but I hear a lot from it so I will buy it.

e=mc^2