By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Earthbound is now available on the Wii U in the West! Who is picking it up?

aaaargh...tomorrow, I promise !

Around the Network

downloading now...so happy i got a day off today lol

Played it on an emulator a couple of years ago, really amazing game. When I get a Wii U, without a doubt, this will be my first eshop purchase.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Damn, I´m conflicted.....I´m 6 hours in Dream Team Bros. on one hand...on the other hand there is Earthbound...urgh

(Will I be the only one who will print the Player´s guide PDF ???)
And ...I just ordered Persona 3: Fes, Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne and Devil Survivor: Overclocked
....tooo many JRPGS !!!

Definitely. Will pick it up immediately. I never played it when it first came out and the prices for used copies on eBay are prohibitive.

Around the Network

I am jelly of you Wii U owners. I don't have enough money to throw around (yet), but the plan is to get a Wii U by year's end. If I can't do that, then I must get it around the time X comes out. Doing so would greatly delay a PS4 purchase but I suppose Thief and Infamous can wait in that scenario.

Anyway, to celebrate, I'm going to start an Earthbound Let's Play series. Mostly blind, because I never got far into the game, and haven't played it in ages. Last exposure I had to Earthbound was Chuggaconroy's ever-popular Let's Play, and that was several years ago.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

BasilZero said:
RolStoppable said:
BasilZero said:

The game is incredible and all but damn $9.99 n__n. What is with these companies charging old games $10+.

So the game isn't worth it?

Didnt say not to buy it ;p

It is worth it - just the price is insane still *_* - just like FFVII is $11.99 on Steam.

y u not read the rest of my post woman ;(

It's worth it, but the price is too high? A contradiction in my mind. Are you advocating some sort of system where people and businesses sell their merchendise for less than market value to do you a solid?

I suggest you apply this simple formula:

Do I want to buy this product?

If no, do not buy the product.

If yes, check the price.

Do I still want to buy the product?

If no, do not buy the product.

If yes, buy the product.

*Please take careful note that at no point in this approach is it recommended to go on to VGChartz.com and bitch about the price of the product.

You are welcome.

Edit: Sorry for going off topic moderators. To bring this back on track: Yes, I will buy it today when I get home from work.

I will get it when that itch to play finally hits me. I already spent so much money on steam sales that I might have to wait until the end of summer to get it. I'm glad I basically got both Donkey Kong games for free (100 coins and $0.30) otherwise I'd be kicking myself in the balls for buying so many games right now.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Bought it the minute it was available. I have been waiting a long time for this.

Also, everyone remotely interested in JRPGs should give it a go. It's an awesome game, and really, we need to support it to make clear that Nintendo's decision to listen to the Miiverse was a good one (and to increase the chances of seeing it's prede- and successor in the west).

So if you haven't bought it yet, what are you waiting for? Go and

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

i'm picking it up.